Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those of you that are in the DFW area, I was wondering how much you paid for your shocks and/or springs installed and where did you get it done at?

Ive been refered to Alamo but they seem to be out of my price range. They quoted me $225 for the shocks install and $95 for the alignment. Seems to be a bit too much for me as I'm used to the $170~ prices for the install+alignment that I get back in California.

EDIT: I just found this place called Red Line Performance and they quoted me $120 for the install. Has anyone ever gotten it done with them? Im going to be moving back to California a few days after I get it done so I want to make sure the shop does a good job since I wont be able to go back if anything is wrong with it.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
I've never heard of anyone using them before, so good luck if you decide to go that way. Try Alamo Motorsports of Arlington, I have at least had experience with them, but they wont do an alignment.

Why are you moving back to Cali?

·
Registered
127 Posts
for shock installment?
i do them myself. takes some time. but if you go to a shop it should be pricing about $100. iuno if it diff in texas. if it is thats lame.

Reactions: mrdoeboix12

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys.

BigJoeD - I've gotten a quote from Alamo and its just a bit too expensive and I'm moving back to Cali cus its my hometown and I have a couple things going on there.

If anyone has taken their car to Redline Performance let me know the quality of their work please! Much appreciated.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys.

BigJoeD - I've gotten a quote from Alamo and its just a bit too expensive and I'm moving back to Cali cus its my hometown and I have a couple things going on there.

If anyone has taken their car to Redline Performance let me know the quality of their work please! Much appreciated.
I'd also try Jason at JPI in Garland.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i meant here are lots of places to shop around, even pepboys. im pretty sure redline is mostly hondas and acuras. ive never usead them. just brakes does shocks, so does mineke, firestone, ect. i wouldnt pay more that 70 for alightment.

just brakes put on two new strubars and a ball joint for 100. so they might be around the 120 also.

like some of the others said, you can diy, get an electric impact wrench, and that will help you out big time and im pretty sure you need a spring compressor, which is dangerous if youre not careful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
just remember you get what you pay for. usually people are cheap not to be nice to the customers. either they have a bad rep or they don't have the latest greatest shop equipment or even they make it up an quantity. which your car may not get the TLC you expect.
im bias because i work at the dealer but ive fixed alot of other shops screw ups to know what can happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts