Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the wrong area earlier. Sorry. I'm new on this forum. Please help. I want to buy a Lexus IS 250C. I want to get a good deal and I want to be able to be in control of negotiation.

If anyone has already purchased the Lexus IS 250C, please let us know the following:

1: How much did you pay (base price)? Also, did you did get the car at invoice price or MSRP?
2: What was the grand total price? (the "out of the door price", which include fee & etc, except tax)
3: What was in your package option and the price of the package option?
4: What region or state or dealership did you make your purchase?
5: If you have any other information, please share with us.

Thank you so much.
-Tim

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
IMHO, at this point you'll either need to be related to the dealerships owner, or have some good dirt on him to get it for anything under msrp. There was one dealer that was willing to knock a few hundred off through the USAA pricing service (you need to be a USAA member) but they were far away & didn't have the colors/options I wanted anyway

Right now the cars are only coming one or two ways from Lexus depending on what Lexus region you're in, plus whatever PIOs they think they can get away soaking you with. If you do a "build your ISC" on the website, you'll be right in the ballpark. If you want to buy one now & want to get a "deal", I'd suggest concentrating on getting the most out of your trade...that's what I did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I wish I have a car to trade in or just to drive around and hold off on the Lexus IS 250C till next summer. My car was total from an accident and I'm currently borrowing a family car to drive to work.

I really want a Lexus convertible, but anything above MSRP is a little unreasonable for me to handle at this time.

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Well, I wouldn't necessarily expect to pay "more than" msrp, but certainly not much less for a while. I think in a lot of markets, many of the ISC's on the water may already be spoken for anyway. And so far, the colors they're shipping are kind blase (I've yet to see a Matador Red, though I did see one in ISF-blue at a local dealer over the weekend). If you can hold out maybe two months, I think you'll be in much better shape to negotiate on price, and maybe have more of a selection of colors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a IS250C -Premium package - no nav-Smoky Granite Mica
$500 off MRSP - I took out my cell phone and started caling another dealer to
place the order in front of the salesperson. It worked! I know $500 is no big deal, but it was fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, neat idea. I paid full price. :(

Anyway, now you have a salesman that lost part of his commission and will try to make it up in some other way. :pissed:

I don't think I would have the nerve to do that.....

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts

Anyway, now you have a salesman that lost part of his commission and will try to make it up in some other way. :pissed:

Agreed, $500 is better than nothing! I couldn't get them to budge from list, but I did manage to talk them up a fair amount on the value of my trade. Bu to even get that, I had to let them know I was ready to walk on the deal they were offering.

My old saying is that if they are willing to say "yes" to a deal, it's not a good one (for you). :)

Also, I don't think Lexus salespeople work on commission. I think they have a monthly goal on moving "units". Maybe they get a bonus if they exceed their quota, dunno. So in this economy the salesman was probably happy to get a car over the curb.

·
Registered
14 Posts

The salesperson is losing pennies. These cars are in stock on Long Island. Not all are sold. The only way he will make it up is when I buy my wife a Lexus SUV. He is gaining a long time customer by doing the right thing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Salesperson lost nothing. If he didn't make the sale he would have zero. You don't know if the $500 came from the dealer's profit or the sales commission. I have a feeling it was the dealer's margin. Now, are you against negotiating when you buy a car:confused:

The dealer's always charge more (than they would other customers) when a car is new and/or in short supply. In other words they make a helluva lot more money on an in demand vehicle than one that is not selling well.

While Blitzjb's technique is unique, it did work in this case. Remember, on any deal, if the seller doesn't like the deal, he can always say no. He didn't here. His job is to sell cars at his maximum profit.

Lou

·
Registered
34 Posts
for those of you looking for a good deal....i'd just wait until the craze it over...because the economy is still in the dumps to an extent, and the prices are only high for the time being since it is still a new vehicle. Just wait a few months, until holiday or so, and you'll find steals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Putnam in Redwood City was offering 2k over invoice a 2 weeks ago ... other dealers in the bay area were willing to beat that

·
Registered
423 Posts
if you have the mean$ and the credit to walk into a lexus dealer and purchase any of their cars, your not going to get much off list... seriously.
its not like your walking into a Honda dealer with a shitty down payment and half assed credit, they HAVE to work numbers to move cars in their target market, Lexus doesn't.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
if you have the mean$ and the credit to walk into a lexus dealer and purchase any of their cars, your not going to get much off list... seriously.
its not like your walking into a Honda dealer with a shitty down payment and half assed credit, they HAVE to work numbers to move cars in their target market, Lexus doesn't.

Toyota lost 4.4 billion dollars last year.

With a B.

Unless you're buying a car that either just came out, in a good economy, AND is hard to actually find on the lot...or an exotic they hand-build, then anybody paying sticker price, or close to it, is a sucker.

Just read through this very thread... in July when the car was just out you had trouble getting it under MSRP. Then in September, just a couple months later, you could get em for less than 2k over invoice. Now, a couple months past that, especially with the december to remember deals about to happen and toyota continuing to (relatively) struggle, you ought be getting decently close to finding invoice deals (or not far from it).

The ISx50 sedan went through the same thing, just took longer for the cycle since the economy was a lot better... In late 05 you were paying at least MSRP for the car.

2 years later you could get 250s _under_ invoice, and 350s damn close to it.

Sure some folks still pay more than that, if they didn't do their research, but they didn't have to.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn.. i didnt know these IS2500c/350c cost that much..

Yeah its true what some of the members mentioned.. its best to wait it out.. let the craziness hype pass through then jump on it when the specials comes out..it will soon

1 - 20 of 30 Posts