Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

im looking to paint my interior dashboard, because its was scatched. Im just wondering how much did u guys spend for it at the shop? and do u guys know any shop that can do it around the bay area?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
InDacooLer said:
hello,

im looking to paint my interior dashboard, because its was scatched. Im just wondering how much did u guys spend for it at the shop? and do u guys know any shop that can do it around the bay area?

its not cheap

have to get it taken out of the car, and then prepped, and painted and reinstalled

I got quoted 350 dollars (shop sponsor deal)

·
Registered
384 Posts
how bad is the scratch? I wouldnt paint anything over the dashboard because the heat will destroy it in just a matter of time. I'd rather get a new dashboard or find a used one from local junk yards. I think my friend has a silver donor IS at the shop right now that i could ask for you.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
1KleanIS said:
how bad is the scratch? I wouldnt paint anything over the dashboard because the heat will destroy it in just a matter of time. I'd rather get a new dashboard or find a used one from local junk yards. I think my friend has a silver donor IS at the shop right now that i could ask for you.

If it is the "trim" it can be painted

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's not something I would spend money on but it does look good. It seems it would eventually get scratched one way or another.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Wet Works Garage did mine, and I have to say they are the best. check them out at www.wetwroksgarage.com. Been painted for over 3 years, and it looks like new.
Car1:

Car2:

I had 2 cars done at the same time, and a lot of other stuff painted as well. I figure it would be in the $6-900 range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts