Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,080 Posts
stalefish said:
27K down
255/month 36 months.
this seems not reasonable. $27K downpayment and $255/month for 36 months? this equates to over 36k. how much is the interest rate if you don't mind telling us?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
$42,000 [US$27,100] (on the road for $49,500 [US$32,000]).

Got $18,000 [US$11,600] (less $2,500 lien [US$1610]) for the trade-in.

$2,000 [US$1290] additional down payment.

$700 [US$450] per month for 48 months @ 3.2% APR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
n2knee said:
stalefish said:
27K down
255/month 36 months.
this seems not reasonable. $27K downpayment and $255/month for 36 months? this equates to over 36k. how much is the interest rate if you don't mind telling us?
The loan is for 8K @ 7.79%
And your math is correct. Including all fees, taxes and interest paid, the total cost for me is $36686.12

What can I say... I was saving for a while and was a bit anxious when negotiating the price. I definitely overpaid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,080 Posts
stalefish said:
n2knee said:
stalefish said:
27K down
255/month 36 months.
this seems not reasonable. $27K downpayment and $255/month for 36 months? this equates to over 36k. how much is the interest rate if you don't mind telling us?
The loan is for 8K @ 7.79%
And your math is correct. Including all fees, taxes and interest paid, the total cost for me is $36686.12

What can I say... I was saving for a while and was a bit anxious when negotiating the price. I definitely overpaid.
as long as you're happy with your car.
 

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
Joined
·
8,744 Posts
you are STUDLY!!!!


I put down 5k....

on a 2002 msm w black emblems & all but nav & leather & 3 miles on the odo

payments are approx $440 a mo.

I send 'em 5 bills anyhow.... :-?



i think i got a GOOD DEAL!!!!


edG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Re: wow...

axis77 said:
Im trying to sell my prelude for $5000 to put down on the IS. I just trip out on how I see alot of young kids that can purchase these types of vehicles, I mean I thought I was cool when I was 19 when I bought my Honda. Now im 25 and Im struggling just to get approved for the car??/
Have you checked your credit?
Are you sure there isn't something on it that decks you for points?

I'm 21 and my credit score is 690 - most people have a credit rating of 650-700.

My IS300 is a 2003 SportDesign that I got for $29,500 + tax (31k)
I put down $7,000 and I'm paying $470 for 60 months at 4.9%
Insurance is $118 a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
sloanbj said:
$5,000 down, $314/month for 39 months
Sloanbj,

I am wondering how you got that deal? The car you got is exactly what I am looking for and the best I can calculated was $377 for 60 months with $6k down @ 2.9% financing for $32k OTD.

Are you buying or leasing and how much was total with TTL?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
$13,250 down $356/mo. - 60mo. @ 3.9% & $85mo. full coverage. :D
paid $32,650 out the door. (everything but leather & nav.) I didn't have the time to look for a better deal. bought in early december and had to dump my trade-in before it got one year older.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
2002 lexus is300
5 speed
fully loaded

i bought the car for $34000 out the door, i put down $14000 and my monthly is $390. credit union kicks a$$. laters!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
2001 MSM fully loaded

put $10,000 down :-?

pay $376 a month 8)

60 months at 4.9% :p

have $12,000 to go which I plan on paying off in the next 10 months. :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,015 Posts
20k down, $255 a month, 60 months, 2.9apr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Re: wow...

dut said:
axis77 said:
Im trying to sell my prelude for $5000 to put down on the IS. I just trip out on how I see alot of young kids that can purchase these types of vehicles, I mean I thought I was cool when I was 19 when I bought my Honda. Now im 25 and Im struggling just to get approved for the car??/
- are you talking about these spoiled kids?

- I know what you mean, they can't really take pride in something they didn't "earn" (pay for)

- can't always depend on mommy and daddy
Get a fucking clue. There are kids who afford these themselves. Im 20 years old, own my own company and bought the car myself... along with my house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
2002 new everything but Nav
525/ month 39 month lease
0 down
0 tax(tax in payment)
i'm in BK so if my car get stolen or totaled i wont loose any downpayment or tax money which you loose in above listed situation if payed upfront.
only payed for plates and regestration to drive out.
 
41 - 60 of 319 Posts
Top