Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 1992 Honda Prelude Si and I'm finally tired of it. Its been 6 years that I've owned it. I'm currently trying to sell it for an IS. I went to Lexus dealership today and test drove a white '03 and I love it, but Im still waiting to see if I get approved. I'm afraid that the payments are going to be outrageous. So I was curious on how all you guys handle your payments??

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
- im putting down $5000 @ $500 a month for 60 months %3.9 apr

- I BARELY got approved... my CREDIT IS perfect, but income is LOW... I probably have the smallest salary on this site :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently crashed mine, but my sis in law just got one it was 0 down lease, drive off was in the $3k range, monthly payment is around $400 a month for 48 mo. lease.

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...

Im trying to sell my prelude for $5000 to put down on the IS. I just trip out on how I see alot of young kids that can purchase these types of vehicles, I mean I thought I was cool when I was 19 when I bought my Honda. Now im 25 and Im struggling just to get approved for the car??/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blackbeastrx7 said:
I recently crashed mine, but my sis in law just got one it was 0 down lease, drive off was in the $3k range, monthly payment is around $400 a month for 48 mo. lease.

Tim
What happens after her lease is up? will she then have the option to buy??
I was thinking of getting a used '01 IS but I really want that 5-speed! I heard when you buy brand new you end up paying those extra fees as opposed to buying used?

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Re: wow...

axis77 said:
Im trying to sell my prelude for $5000 to put down on the IS. I just trip out on how I see alot of young kids that can purchase these types of vehicles, I mean I thought I was cool when I was 19 when I bought my Honda. Now im 25 and Im struggling just to get approved for the car??/
- are you talking about these spoiled kids?

- I know what you mean, they can't really take pride in something they didn't "earn" (pay for)

- can't always depend on mommy and daddy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: wow...

dut said:
axis77 said:
- are you talking about these spoiled kids?

- I know what you mean, they can't really take pride in something they didn't "earn" (pay for)

- can't always depend on mommy and daddy
No not the Babies, they know what hard work is, I mean they spend all day looking for JDM parts on the net..man what a work out!
I just dont understand how young people can afford such high priced vehicles, I know a 16 year old junior in high school and his parents just went and bought him a $50,000 '02 Escalade. WTF.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I put down 2700 on a 39 month lease and it came to 417 a month. I get tired of car's after awhile, so thats the reason I didnt buy the car. My lease is up in August. Time for a IS430. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JoSchmo_IS300 said:
I put down 2700 on a 39 month lease and it came to 417 a month. I get tired of car's after awhile, so thats the reason I didnt buy the car. My lease is up in August. Time for a IS430. :wink:
You dont feel like you just wasted alot of money, that went to nothing at all? Just a Question. So this means that you will be turning in your lexus pretty soon, then what? Or will you have the option to buy the car and pay for what ever the remainding balance is?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
2,700 down, 641/month @ 60 months.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got a killer deal.... talked about 3'g off the asking price. i did a lot researching, went in with nada, edmunds and kbb reports showing what the car was really worth. that [email protected] worked!!!

5'gs down

60 months @ 5.9

417 a month

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Lil_IS said:
i got a killer deal.... talked about 3'g off the asking price. i did a lot researching, went in with nada, edmunds and kbb reports showing what the car was really worth. that [email protected] worked!!!

5'gs down

60 months @ 5.9

417 a month
damn a hundred less than me.. but higher percentage... hmm where did i go wrong, i could have used the extra 100 a month

1 - 20 of 319 Posts
About this Discussion
318 Replies
279 Participants
mindoculus
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing