Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question to those who have coilovers, whatever system you guys have. When you uninstalled your stock shocks/springs, there was a mounting plate at the very top of the shock. Do we need to place that on our new coilovers when reinstalling? I have been wondering since we installed aznmuttz[eric] tokico/tein combo and we used the plate on that. Do we use the plate only on spring/shock combos, or do we also have to place it on our coilover pillow mount.
thanks

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
If they came with pillow ball mounts, then definately no, you don't want to reuse the stock mount. Most coilovers that Ive seen come with their own upper mounts, which don't require the stock one, but there may be some that don't come with an upper mount where you will need the stock one. It depends on which coilover you have.

HTH

·
Registered
298 Posts
I did. It doesn't really affect the suspension harmony, does it? Other than increasing the front clearance slightly?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it would affect the suspension either, just wanted to make sure before i installed my new coils. On my current coils, jics, i didn't use that mounting plate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts