Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone really trashed their front lip or bumper??? And whats the key just take shit really slow?

·
Master Troll
462 Posts
and never let the front get within 2 feet of the concrete barrier or sidewalk when parking :)

i've had my stillen kit since july, haven't messed it up at ALL yet. *knock on wood*

and you should see my driveway:

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
:lol: , that pic is awesome! I used to have a C-west kit. I didn't ruin it myself, but my Dad took my car up to Walgreens one night and BAM, ran the front bumper right into concrete and cracked it is 3 places. So no more kit for me. I got rid of it, and aaaaaaaaa, no more hassle, feels so good :D You just have to drive more careful, that's all.

I'd still like to get the RMM front lip and sides though 8)

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Another trick to driving a low car is to take inclines/declines at an angle. As a matter of fact, the angle rule is important when you are trying to go anywhere that is raised above the surface you are going from.

Also, try to make right hand turns of possible. it is much easier to enter a drive at an angle if you are making a right then it is to cross traffic and do it.

You will soon realize that there are places you can and cannot go. Driving a low car is a pain, and may be too much of a pain for many. And no matter how careful you are, depending on how low you are, you will probably still damage you kit some time or other... Things on the road are what have gotten me... Twice, as evidenced by this pic...

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
I've gone through 3 front cwest bumper and repaired my side skirt 2 times already. :lol: But only one time was my fault, the rest was due to old folks driving on the road.

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
I cracked my RMM CF splitter and scratches on the side from a curb. :pissed:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Speed Bumps Suck!

Isnt that the biggest effin speed bump you have ever seen? Thank god for that big moving truck that came and ground it down for me! :lol:

It's a monster, but i was able to get by. Plus my L-Tuned bumper has some flex to it. not bad.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
1sicIS300 said:
Speed Bumps Suck!

Isnt that the biggest effin speed bump you have ever seen? Thank god for that big moving truck that came and ground it down for me! :lol:

It's a monster, but i was able to get by. Plus my L-Tuned bumper has some flex to it. not bad.
Thats a shame...do you have to drive over that thing everyday? I bet it's nipping away at your nice kit each time. :pissed: You should go out there at night with a bucket of sand to try to smooth out the incline.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
TRDALTEZZAIS300 said:
I repaint my front lip twice every year :wink:

I feel you man. I haven't had my car for a year yet, its been through 2 whole new paint job. :lol:

·
Registered
584 Posts
i lowereed my car 2 inches and go over big fat dips drive ways and speed bumps every damn dayy!! however i mastered angling my car and the last time i scratched my car was around 2 months ago when i first lowered it. now its a ease.... except when i have passengers and it becomes a 3 inch drop and i have to angle 180 degrees and theres oncomming traffic.... thats a BUSSTTT

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
How is your car doing the batmobile? I remember seeing the photos when you first got it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my vizage lip disappeared on my way home from Extreme Autofest in San Diego on June 21st.. i left the Coors Amphitheater at about midnight.. stopped at a gas station somewhere off the 5 about an hour later to fill some gas.. I walked around to the front of my car, and my front lip was gone.. :pissed: .. someone people suggested maybe someone stole it, but it was there when i left, i know that for sure.. and someone suggested it fell off when i was driving, but i didnt run over anything.. i wonder what happend.. :cry: .. anyways i just got a new front lip which set me back like 300 with painting.

·
Registered
584 Posts
just messed up my c-west front last week :cry:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
What sways did you order batmobile? I have the TRD race now I really like them.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
When i HAD my CWEST kit (i know have L-Sportline), that was a pain in the arse. My neighbors thought i was the biggest idiot, had to kreep up my driveway, and get 2 wheels on the sidewalk then go up my driveway :lol: . I tried putting down some wood kind of like the first guy, but someone took it over night :-? .

Body kits really arent worth it there kind of too much of a pain in the ass for what they do. Our cars arent exactly overly plain or unattractive. Wheels and a nice drop is probably enough to set the IS300 off...Buuuutttt if you really want a body kit you should probably get some larger wheels 19 with a FAIRLY low profile tire then get a few more millli inches of clearance :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.