Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove one and loved the handling, but felt cramped more laterally in the driver's seat... and of course the rear seat was a joke, i had to spread my legs on each side of the seat in front. I'm 6'2... used to a legend... anybody my height having long term problems with their IS300 in that respect?

thanx
brothermeth

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 6'1 and fit well with very long legs and a short upper body. I actually have more room to bring the seat back a bit more. Lexus has one of the longest seat tracks out there!

------------------
Silver IS300 fully loaded w/LSD

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got an IS200, does that count? I'm sure the seats are the same.

Anyway, I'm 6ft 4ins and don't have too much of a problem, although I have noticed I've been getting a dull pain in my lower back after about an hour of driving. I just kinda figured I haven't got the seat adjusted quite right (always takes me a while to get the perfect position). Everything else is fine - plenty of head/elbow room.
--
Alex K.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I test drove the IS it was little crowded at first because the salesman sat right behind me. I finally told him I had to move the seat all the way back. He was cramped but I was in heaven. I also noticed that the cabin space in the car was indeed narrow but to me it gave the car a sports/race car effect. Sort of felt like a coupe instead of a four door. By the way, I'm 6'2.

[This message has been edited by DJson (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
8,107 Posts
Well someone has to say it. I'm 6'3" and if I buy one it'll be without the moonroof. I fit ok, not great, but no way I can wear a helmet with the moonroof there.
I can't fit in the Acura CL or TL at all - worse headroom than my Integra. The IS300 is at least a lot better than the two Acuras.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm 6'2" and am very comfortable in the IS, although I wouldn't want to be sitting behind me in the back seat.
It's easy adjusting the driver's position with the power seat, although a "memory seat" would be great.
The IS is not a perfect car, although it's easily the best in its class.
I've had mine for a month now...it's fast, fun, and very comfortable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
Leader
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing