Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like blue and SBM is my favorite color. However, I see a lot of SBM IS300s. If I were to buy today, I would pick another color like red or green, just to be different. How do you guys choose colors? Do you pick it conciously or do you just take what the dealer has?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I specifically ordered SBM.

Hey com to think of it, I've never even seen the green IS300 in person. Around here I see lots of black, silver and yellow ones.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I like yellow.. but I almost went with white.
The whtie got gold trims on it, and really ticked me off.. so i told the guy I want to change color.
Anyhow, yellow came in the last min, and my friend reassure me to go with yellow.. so I did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got my IJM IS because I saw one at the dealer and liked how the back lenses set off against the dark green color. I still had to wait a week or two for it to come in. Little did I know that it was so rare.

I do like the silver....if I were doing it over.....possibly silver instead.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
110 Posts
You wanna be different, pick Graphite Grey. There's not that many of this color out there. But for me, it's not about being different. It;s what catches my eyes that gets it and when I saw the Graphite Grey for the first time, I was like DAAAAYYYM!!!
You really have to see this color in person though to appreciate it.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

·
Registered
666 Posts
just curious,
is anyone considering repainting their IS300 to something else, like hot pink, orange, neon green, or that barbie doll light blue you see on a lot of ricers.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i saw a ijm (green) yesterday while i was at lunch. green actually is my fav color and i had my drag 5.0 stang painted the old lexus black jade pearl...when i saw the IS ijm, it made me think...i should've gotten the ijm. i bought the ggp cause i thought i wouldn't see any around here. then guess what...i see more ggp then anything else. i saw two white's so far. one silver and one black. then i find out my friend's gf has the ggp too. *sigh* oh well, i still love the car, but it just sucks that you can never be pleased. well, i guess i can't... :p

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I ordered a silver but ended up buying SBM....and I am very pleased that I did....on another note, I can't wait to read what Geoff or Doug say about this thread...those two douchebags can say some pretty funny stuff...

PS - G &D - "douchebags" is a term of endearment so don't get all pissy on me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
you mean daffodil and hammerhead?

well you know geoff secretly likes that rust orange color of the CL Type S.

And Doug..he has orange cones to go with his vette

just playin.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I saw an auburn in the dealer before I bought my car.. and it was sold before I bought my yellow.. any how.. I haven't seen it on the road though

·
Registered
978 Posts
My original color choice was silver for this car, but this was way back last year when the IS was still in production. When I started seeing the SBM on this web site and elsewhere, that immediately jumped to the top of my list. When I saw a pre-production SBM in the showroom last spring, I knew I had made the right choice. I practically drooled when I saw how amazing of a blue it was. I'm still happy with my choice, and would never even think about getting any other color

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
IMO, all the colors look sharp when the car is brand new and sparkling under showroom lights. The question becomes what color holds up after say four years and doesn't show the scratches and swirls?

For these reasons, I opted for silver. Coming out of a black car, I love how the silver hides the dust. Also, I think it looks sporty and classy with the black interior. It also meshs well with the clear tailights and 17" rims.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love Spectra Blue, Auburn, Grahite, Yellow, and even the Green. I got black cuz I've never had a black car and I've always liked black.
Not that I don't like the color, but I think those of you who got the more exclusive colors (the ones I mentioned) are better off.
My next IS, in 2005 (hopefully the redesigned version) will definitely be either graphite or spectra blue (unless they come out with an even sexier color).

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
86 Posts
I chose the sundance gold CL-S because it grew on me. Plus the small dealer I bought from only had one CL-S in that color in stock when I bought. I'm kinda glad though because my other choice was silver. Every one and their brother has silver these days... not just in the CL but in EVERYTHING. It is by far the most popular color these days and I'm getting sick of it.

I didn't know what it would be like buying a car that's brand new that no one has ever seen and in a color as vibrant as "pimp daddy gold". Don't know that I'll do it again. The attention this color draws is annoying. It's dying down, but I eventually got a license plate frame that said "It's called Sundance Gold" because I was getting asked that about 10 times a week. I don't even wanna know what the people who got the first PT Cruisers had to go through!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i bought a black car cuz i didnt think there were any idiots out there who wanted to maintain a black car....but dyam..do i see so many on the road..all u idiots....hahaah

black IS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts