Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all anyone else with 07 IS250 have the most annoying squeaking brakes? I had to throw a fit 3 days in a row at 2 different dealers to get them to FINALLY warranty the pads, but I had to also get new Rotors...
Front tires and Front brakes lasted me 23k

anyone else?

·
Registered
156 Posts
23K miles on the front tires isnt bad if its the 18" with summer tires...but the brakes should have lasted a lot longer. Maybe you are resting your foot on the brake pedal and not realizing it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Squealing and squeaking on these brakes are quite common so your problem with your brakes isn't really a problem. I agree it does become quite a nuissance but it's nothing that needs to be fixed right away. From what I hear tires should last at least 15,000 miles and I believe 15-20,000 on the brakes. Of course this is with some pretty rough driving. If you're just a commuter without ever really pushing the car, it should last you around 20-25,000 miles for tires and maybe 25,000 for the brakes. Of course I do a lot of trips up to the mountains and hills for "driving pleasures" :D so I doubt my tires and brakes will last past 15,000 ;p

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it gives you any assurance, my cousin has an 06 is250 awd and i have an 07 is250 awd. so far i've had no problems with my brakes and tires at 9000 miles and my cousin has around 22,000 miles. he's still on his original brakes but with new tires at around 21,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts