Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
about 138,000 on my 2004, and plan for many more! Only things gone bad so far are the driver's door lock actuator (that was around 120k), and a couple months ago an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
2002 auto 191k still going strong. the only major thing i changed was the steering rack and of course the timing belt. i want to swap out the radiator due to age but its not leaking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2003 bone stock manual now at 51K. I'm original owner. Only maintenance so far just changing fluids and tires. Only mechanical issue B1S2 O2 heater bad. replaced around 45K. 2yrs ago a lady was texting in a neighborhood. swerved into my lain. Her pick up got me straight on at about 10MPH. I completely stopped blarring horn and clutch in - BOOM! I bought altezza front end in matching toyota onyx black locally in Dallas. Swapped the hood/bumper and one fender. perfect match. Didn't even need to paint it. Replaced one HID shell and radiator. Rebolted altezza radiator support. Alignment was good. AC was good. best $1200 I ever spent.

2002 Auto Bone stock just bought last month 128K. I'm third owner. Has all underbody panels and hardware - can't find signs of accidents. Now at 129,500. So far everything appears original but air filter and possibly brake pads. Had ABS code. Discovered LF abs sensor missing oring. hub bearing rusty and noisy - replaced w junky hub assy. Had emissions code. Did tank valve replace and new oem gas cap. No return code yet. Had both bank O2 sensors out. replaced both w Denso. Battery and leaking radiator replaced just before I got it. - those are aftermarket unfortunately. Jacked up car and all suspension seals are good. Used bar to check joints and all tight. This was adult driven. Thats why I bought it.

Next step on 2002 check belts/timing, change tranny & P/S fluids, plugs/wires, oiler filter and whatever I can find thats recommended on this site. I"m sure I'll find more to do.

Beyond typical Radio sticking CD and sticky dash, thats about it so far. And front inner tire wear - think I've solved this tweaking alignments.

I put most of my highway/trip miles on an 87crx. I bought the IS300 b/c it was the closest I could get to CRX in a new car. Similar sun roof size as well and turn radious.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2001 with 113K original miles.. past owner was a shitty owner been fixing shit on her ever since i got her, thankfully it?s been minor cosmetic shit and nothing very bad mechanical except for the rack & pinion.. no CELs yet!

·
Registered
562 Posts
2004 sport design manual with 140000 on body. I've replaced every bushing with poly, new steering rack, Cusco fuca, Godspeed rlca, bilat rear axles, m98 lsd, tein street advance coilovers. It got a 2jzgte single turbo with an AR5 a couple months ago. Hope it lasts me a looong time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a 02 with 205k miles on it, it runs greats and im just waiting the summer to do all my work on it.

i just this week found an 01 at a junk yard and took the entire dash and floor console for 60$ that im going to swap this weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up a 2002 5spd manual with 104,000 on it. One of the main reasons I went this direction was the expectation that I would get at least 300,000 miles out of it. I had an 89 mr2 years ago and I beat that car like it owed me money for 330,000 trouble free miles! I maintained it meticulously but drove it hard all of the time. That little car was something special but with similar maintenance I expect to do at least as well with my IS.

So how many miles do you have on yours? What have you replaced or repaired? Lets find out who has the highest mileage IS here!
230k on my 03 is300 mechanically sound, these are very reliable cars. many of the common issues on these aren't critical or even mechanical .

41 - 57 of 57 Posts