Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how many miles should i expect on my stock tires?

I lost traction in the rain over the weekend and I suspect its time for some new shoes.

EDIT: oh btw... the search is not working for me... it might be down.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
35 on mine, avg is 25

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
well depends on when was ur last tire purchase and how u drive. u can also try the penny technique ;)

beatloafer said:
how many miles should i expect on my stock tires?

I lost traction in the rain over the weekend and I suspect its time for some new shoes.

EDIT: oh btw... the search is not working for me... it might be down.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My RE92's are still on my car with just over 20K on them so far. They appear to have over 50% tread life left. I kinda wish they would wear out since the SUCK!!

Worst Tire EVER!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah... I'm on the stock tires and I drive pretty hard around corners... my fronts, which were just rotated from my rear are bald on the outside... I'm currently at 18k miles.

I was planning on driving on them a few more thousand miles 'til I lost traction and was slipping all over the place this weekend... luckily I wasn't going that fast. Just ordered some new tires. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
125 Posts
pradda said:
My RE92's are still on my car with just over 20K on them so far. They appear to have over 50% tread life left. I kinda wish they would wear out since the SUCK!!

Worst Tire EVER!
Seriously, the RE92's suck donkey balls. My IS is the 2nd new car I bought with them (first being a 01 Prelude). I have no idea why OE's put these tires on new cars. They suck in the dry, they suck in the wet and they are worthless in any amount of snow. Thank god mine are almost done with. I also bought dedicated winter tires for this winter.

BTW, i have 25.8k on my RE92s and they look to have 30% left.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
on my RE92's, i was able to get to 15K, but at that point, the threads were showing on the inner tread. I would say 12K miles tops safely, 15K, as i said, is pushing it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beatloafer said:
yah... I'm on the stock tires ...
sorry... I thought stock tire was the same for everyone... I'm on RE040's.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Really? My car had less then 16,000 miles whe I got the car and the tires were still really good.

The previous owner must have replaced them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Seven said:
on my RE92's, i was able to get to 15K, but at that point, the threads were showing on the inner tread. I would say 12K miles tops safely, 15K, as i said, is pushing it.

Wow, you wear out tires quick! It will take me at least 30K to get down to threads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Stock Dunlop SP9000 62,394 miles for me :) ...probably would last for another 5000 miles but I changed them due to a lot of high speed driving...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts