Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys. Just wanted to see how many of us out there drives the sh$! out of there cars by commuting. You can average it out from the date you 1st got it or by how much you drive per year.
I bought my 03 GGP in July of 2006, had 33k and now has 67,500!! WTF!! :jawDrop: Damn I drive a lot! Hurts to see the miles rack up...:( That is a total(approx) of 34,500 miles I put on it....had the car for a lil over 1 yr 1/2.
Let me know what you guys have...oh, and all the proper maintenance was done on it too...by myself and help from sanctfy.
I commute a lot from Sacramento to Fresno a lot, so mainly high way miles..."DAMN" is all I have to say. But, I love driving my IS!:)

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moderators, can you guys move this to the IS300 forums? I feel that it should be placed there instead. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Bought my 04 in December of 03. It had 3 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. Just hit 58K today.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
bought in 02, 48.5k miles, I've put about 200 on it in the past 3 months. First two years had a lot of highway commute miles on it, then I moved and it went way down (6.5miles/day commute) and now its sitting at home while I'm at college.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^wish that I had that kinda commute:( I need a 2nd car for sure! Keep putting too many miles on my whip...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I need a 2nd car for sure! Keep putting too many miles on my whip...
You could get one of these Eddy :) Would be a lot cheeper than a 2nd car and it would get great gas mileage

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could get one of these Eddy :) Would be a lot cheeper than a 2nd car and it would get great gas mileage

LOl! Thats a good one!:bigSmile: That might just help actually! Nah, actually been thinking about a beater civic or a motorcycle. Might not even come to plans but, more like a thought.
Besides, I wouldn't want to "have" to leave early to get to work....wonder what and how long the commute would be to Fresno?:) LOL!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey Mike, I got a better one for you...

gotta roll with class right? This could be me....looks like me. Pssssh, we all look a like! Lol!:bigSmile:

·
Registered
601 Posts
too frikin many.. my old intrepid I de-soldered the lead to the odometer, it was over 100K and not like I was going to sell it, just a cool little project, heh

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought my 04 in Dec. 06 with 55k miles on it. I put 18K miles to the day on the car (now at 74K). It's become my weekend car now that I have my 240SX to drive daily.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey Mike, I got a better one for you...

gotta roll with class right? This could be me....looks like me. Pssssh, we all look a like! Lol!:bigSmile:
Id roll that thing. All the kids at the bus stop next to my house would be jealous.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i drive 12,000 miles a year or less, i have an 03 and it just hit 54k.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i bought it at 89 000km (55 000 miles)... and i drive 5000 km/year (3000 miles)It does make a good life now with me LOL

·
Registered
346 Posts
It does not really matter for a Toyota to have high miles, or a Japanese veichle for that matter, trust me on this. Japanese cars are ON DEMAND, they will last for a while before problems start occuring. My friend has a 1991 Acura Integra with 318,000 miles on it, still runs good, just problems with some fuses, interior stuff falling apart, and head gasket. Why do we see Camry's, Accord's, Civics all made from the 80's and still running today? SO in my case, if you are planning to drive this lexus IS300 for 5-8 more years and you have under 200,000 miles, DON'T even start sweating or doubt your car. I have a 138,000 mile 1998 Toyota Avalon, no major problems yet, dad bought it brand new. Interior stuff starting to fall arpat though like visor mirror and A/C ventalitions. Front sturt bar i hear a squeak sound when you brake but I read about that, its on all 1998 Tooyta Avalons due to manufacture mounting a weak front strut bar. But other than that, don't expect anything major.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
nope, not a one. change the plugs and have the 90K service done, then change your oil in a reasonable time (I do it every 2800-3000 miles) and it will run forever

watch the tranny though, that will go LONG before the motor

1 - 20 of 27 Posts