Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get an average of 325 miles a tank but i last like a week, driving back and forth to diamond bar, just wandering what u guys get? i always cruise @65 mpg to maximize fuel efficiency, and the MPG gauge says i get 30 mpg i dunno if its true. anyways what u guys get?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I drive between 68-75 on the highway, and get pretty good mileage. I hear the mileage gets better as you put more miles on the car... or maybe it's just that taking it up the a$$ at the pump doesn't hurt as much after awhile! :lol:

My best MPG was all-highway cruising with very little traffic (no slowdowns or anything) and I just touched 500 miles, but had very little fuel left. I think that was 27 or 28 mpg.

My worst was gunning it at every stoplight doing around town driving with lots of traffic. I think I got 9 to 11 mpg. But I smoked some people so it was worth it!

My average MPG on a mixture of highway and city cruising is 23-25 mpg, or over 425 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
miles per tank is useless because some people fill up at 1/4 mark and others fill up long after the low fuel light comes on. FWIW I usually get 330-350 when the light comes on and go another 20-30 miles after that. I've been getting about 1mpg less in the winter because of crappy gas, but I'm in the 20-22mpg mixed range. All highway doesn't get much better for me, but my cruising speed is pretty high.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I get between 230 and 270 per tank. My average MPG is 16 now in the winter and around 18 in the summer. Maybe its just my area, and their reformulated gas crap. I drive mellow without red lineing and all that. Shit the only way I could get 300 plus miles per tank is to tow the frucken car around. Maybe my IS has some issues!!??

·
Registered
98 Posts
I range from 260 to 360 mpg it all depend on how you drive and if you're driving in the city or highway.
I once drove the whole tank on the highway and got like close to 400 and I got 250 one time just driving only in the city.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
stock I get around 300 per tank.

Turboed I was getting around 200 - 225 per tank.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Altezza Impressions said:
I range from 260 to 360 mpg it all depend on how you drive and if you're driving in the city or highway.
I once drove the whole tank on the highway and got like close to 400 and I got 250 one time just driving only in the city.
Ditto that, ya heard?!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
43 Participants
al7ezza
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing