Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
There has been only one factory spoiler availible for the IS300, a lip spoiler. It removes the 3rd brake light from inside the cabin. All others that I have seen have been done by the dealer for for the dealer. No other manufacturer window stickers have I seen with a spoiler listing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
lexus has one but my dealer ship went through airstream.com and got three versions for me. I have the GS it looks similar to ones you see on civics

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
my car doesnt come with spoiler

but if i want to put em, can i remove the third brake light in the back seat completely *without trace* to the spoiler ?

i mean its kinda funny to have 2 third brake light in a car ye know

suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Benign said:
my car doesnt come with spoiler

but if i want to put em, can i remove the third brake light in the back seat completely *without trace* to the spoiler ?

suggestions or advice?
It's possible to make only one light up...........either the spoiler or the third brake light. As far as removing the third brake light all together.......it's possible, but you would probably have a hole there after. It doesn't look funny IMO.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Benign said:
i mean its kinda funny to have 2 third brake light in a car ye know quote]

no, it's downright retarded! and by the way, the g35 coupe is that way if you opt for the spoiler option. it's so rediculous looking... infinity just doesn't get it. they want to beat lexus and yet:
two third breaklights :eek: :cry:
still no 5 speed for the sedan
and that goddam target quality quartz clock on the dash!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Benign said:
The way I look at it, the more brakes lights you have back there, the better. Maybe it will keep those drunk bastards from hitting the car.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
probly not, last month a drunk rammed into the rear-end of a police cruiser waiting at a red light in torrance. to make things worse, the emergency kit crowbar, from the force of the impact, pierced the fuel cell and blew the car apart. both officers barely made it out.

another brake light probably wouldn't have helped.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The way I look at it, the more brakes lights you have back there, the better. Maybe it will keep those drunk bastards from hitting the car
:lol: :lol: :lol:

but they kinda overlapping each other, so i guess it wont help much :)
will u guys get a spoiler with the brake light if ur already has a third brake light in ur rear ?

i mean love spoiler, but i am just undecided for the moment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
Benign
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing