Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how many miles I could expect to see on IS-F odometer to be sure it has not been test driven after it came to the dealership? Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw a "new" IS-F today and it had 16 miles on the odo. They told me a tech needs to inspect/test drive the car. I suppose it depends on how many miles the tech drives the car. My "new" IS350 that I actually bought a couple of years ago (when it was really hot) had 120 miles on it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had 10 miles when I picked mine up...

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
well if we are going to go by past Lexus vehicles I have owned ?

Then under 10 and not over 15 if the car wasn't tested by customers.

My 01
3 miles
my 02
6 miles

D

·
Registered
703 Posts
supposedly some dealerships aren't letting people test drive the IS-F

it's BUY then drive .. and according to an Uncle that works for Penske Lexus .. 6 techs have already been fired for abusing their inspections with joy rides.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
usually between 8-11 miles after the Pre-Delivery Inspection is performed.....anymore then that, and you know it should not have been authorized or was used for test drives

·
Registered
49 Posts
My ISF had around 29 when I picked mine up. I was told it came with 16 and the tech had to do some test... If I recall correctly, when I picked up my 330xi a couple years back it had no more than 10 miles on the odo. I am sure someone at the Lexus dealership took the F out somewhere. It's too early to tell how much of the life was reduced if it was abused within those first 20+ miles.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I see maybe ~10-20 miles for the delivery and techs testing it. But anything >50 miles, someone must of beat the crap out of it.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
its well known that they are using them for test drives and the techs/sales guys are taking them out to see how they drive...since there are only 1 or 2 at a dealer at a time

·
Registered
53 Posts
My IS-F had 3miles on the odometer when I picked it up (it had just arrived from the port the previous evening)....however the salesperson begged me to test drive it with him before I left the dealership, so it had about 5 miles when I left.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked mine up Saturday with 18 miles on the ODO.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine had 28 miles on it. Supposedly I was the first person to test drive it. Hope that was true. I really want the engine to break in properly. It's soooo tempting to step on it but I've resisted so far :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
yea when i get new cars at work sometimes they have 2 miles on them sometimes 1 sometimes 8. when we do the pre delivery inspection we usually put 2-4 miles on them

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
5-25 is normal..

My 08 IS350 came from the port with 18 miles on it already..

Maybe some one in Japan took my car for a joy ride before it hit the states.. :lol:

Also, they are driven around at the Lexus prep centers at the Port before they are loaded on the car carriers...

When I drove it home it had 22 miles on the ODO which was after the PDI and the drive to go fill up the gas tank..

I know no one got to test drive my car, except for the tech that did the PDI.

Joe Z

1 - 20 of 30 Posts