Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low can I go with 225/40/18 and still be able to have full riders in my car and not rub? :suspiciou

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm... that link didn't help me much :blush:
I own 18x7.5 5zigen GN+ with a 35 offset.
I took a measuring tape to my "gap" and it came out to about 2.5" in the front and about 3.0" in the rear. I don't want it slammed to the point I can't fit people in my four door. Can anyone give me some pointers? THANX!!! ;)

some applications:

Teins S-Tech: -1.3"front -1.6"rear
Teins H-Tech: -0.7"front -1.0"rear
Eibach Pro-Kit: -1.0"front -1.0"rear
Eibach Sportline: -1.4"front -1.4"rear
Intrax: -1.3"front -1.3" rear

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the L-Tuned rims which are 18x7 with 225/40/18 tires. I put the Tien H-Techs on stock shocks and had four people in there with no rubbing and no fender mods. That should at least give you a starting place.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
MY2J said:
ummm... that link didn't help me much :blush:
I own 18x7.5 5zigen GN+ with a 35 offset.
I took a measuring tape to my "gap" and it came out to about 2.5" in the front and about 3.0" in the rear. I don't want it slammed to the point I can't fit people in my four door. Can anyone give me some pointers? THANX!!! ;)

some applications:

Teins S-Tech: -1.3"front -1.6"rear
Teins H-Tech: -0.7"front -1.0"rear
Eibach Pro-Kit: -1.0"front -1.0"rear
Eibach Sportline: -1.4"front -1.4"rear
Intrax: -1.3"front -1.3" rear
I'm dropped w/ hotckis on 225/40/18 w/ 45 offset. No rubbing at all, and I had a full car tonite w/ me 210 lbs, my wife lol, over 100 lbs, my son in the rear 245 lbs, and his friend about 150 lbs and no rubbing whatsoever.

·
Registered
645 Posts
MY2J said:
does it look good as well?
Oh yeah, it looks sweet. I need to take some pics as I just did this a couple weeks ago. It's enough of a drop to set the car down on the tires and wheels with about a 1 finger gap, maybe a hair less. Very aggresive looking but not slammed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
im sure you may think im stupid for keeping this set up but im running 225/40/18 (18x8 +49) in the front and rub during hard turns and also while turning when there are bumps and hills...(alone)...i rub while turning on un-smooth surfaces going about 10 mph (four people)...i also rub while going in reverse at full crank side to side....my car is definitely a "little" too low...maybe about 2.5 inches lower, maybe a little more, that's also after a good friend raised the front about .5/.75 inches.

i could be wrong with the lowness of the car...if it means anything...im as low as a stock IS with a C-West kit.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
isnt +35 offset too low?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
You will have some rubbing. I have 225s on 18x8 +45. But I'm also on H&Rs.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the wrong tone said:
You will have some rubbing. I have 225s on 18x8 +45. But I'm also on H&Rs.
H&R are one of the lowest springs so if he was on something else, most likely it shouldn't rub....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts