Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the owners/pre owners.....how many decibels do you think the TL setup reached? My friend and I were just talking about how friggin loud it was. Im thinking that the TL setup may be around 115 decibels? what do you guys think? maybe das can get a meter and check it out?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
linner420 said:
To all the owners/pre owners.....how many decibels do you think the TL setup reached? My friend and I were just talking about how friggin loud it was. Im thinking that the TL setup may be around 115 decibels? what do you guys think? maybe das can get a meter and check it out?

Well, I can't measure the exact TL anymore... but I can measure how loud a straight through exhaust with only 1 resonator and no muffler or cats is.

If I had a dB meter it would take 5 mins... only 3 vband bolts to take out my cat and remove the muffler.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dasgalloway said:
Well, I can't measure the exact TL anymore... but I can measure how loud a straight through exhaust with only 1 resonator and no muffler or cats is.

If I had a dB meter it would take 5 mins... only 3 vband bolts to take out my cat and remove the muffler.
hmm, let me see if I can get a decibel meter to send to you. If not I may just buy one from radio shack and get it to you. Im quite curious how loud it is.

are you using the TL headers still though? what is your setup right now?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes if he's using the ones he wrapped the other night on the first try.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
Yes if he's using the ones he wrapped the other night on the first try.

hehe those were toyomoto gen1's I wrapped.

The TL header has been taken off. It makes SUBSTANTIALLY LESS power on boosted cars (as in I unofficially dyno'd a loss of almost 40 whp with them vs my old toyo gen1's... put the g1's back on and the car is noticably faster.). ;)

I do have the TL header and titanium ypipe sitting in my garage now... not sure if I'm going to sell them or not. I don't need them... someone would just have to get it mated to a bpipe.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dasgalloway said:
hehe those were toyomoto gen1's I wrapped.

The TL header has been taken off. It makes SUBSTANTIALLY LESS power on boosted cars (as in I unofficially dyno'd a loss of almost 40 whp with them vs my old toyo gen1's... put the g1's back on and the car is noticably faster.). ;)

I do have the TL header and titanium ypipe sitting in my garage now... not sure if I'm going to sell them or not. I don't need them... someone would just have to get it mated to a bpipe.
hmm i wonder why that is, do you think its bc of the 3" outlet from the headers thats causing the power loss?

jon pm me what you would think about selling that setup for.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts