Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have been waiting for my IS300 for a little over a month, how long has everyone been waiting? I understang there is a waiting period but I am about to pull my hair out... I want the damn thing already. I feel like the dealer keps giving me run around answers. As the weeks go by he keeps telling me in the middle of next week when the original ETA was supposed to be the friday after all the paper work was approved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You should not have to wait for more than a few days, pending color, if you were in our market. Your's must be quite different, or they may be messing you around as you said.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Waiting4mine,

I don't know why you are waiting 'cause tons of dealerships in NJ have them readily available. What dealership did you put the deposit on?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Understand that you *will* be skipped in line if someone complains loud enough or you tell the dealer you are going to another Lexus dealership. This happened to me, they tried *really* hard to get me to change my mind, including skipping me up the waiting list and going below MSRP (only $200, but they have a ~$500 doc fee that I didn't pay so I still came out ahead).

Bottom line, they know when the cars are coming in and when they are going to hit the port. You should be able to nail them down to a specific car with a specific port arrival time. My car hit the port 6/25, arrived at the dealership 6/26, and I drove it off 6/27. Make sure they know you mean business, cuz they'll run all over you if you look the least bit "soft."

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your the responses. I actually did not get mine at a dealership in Jersey, I ordered through Ray Catena in Westchester. The dealer and the rest of his staff are all good people and they told me the car has to go through a safety test before getting released. Its been in the port for over a week is what I was told. He even gave me the VIN number. Maybe I should go elsewhere. what do you think? Everyone is telling me to either go elswhere of try and get some out of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been waiting for my IS, it was suppose to be at the dealer this past Monday. First I heard the boat was somewhat delayed due to the Tall Ships in New York, now I've been told that there is some kind of hold being put on all the IS's at the port. Some kind of "quality check". My dealer had no more info than that, but he said the car should arrive Monday...we'll see.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Waiting4mine,

I didn't mean to suggest thatI already got mine. However, I inquired around. I live right by Warnock and they have at least 2 or 3 cars therenow. Also, Prestige contacted me saying they have the cars. So, I am not sure why you are waiting. If you are not getting any discount, I would pull out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had the $$ burning a hole in my pocket and had the same problem- where's the car.

I guess you could get any old car, but if you want a specific color and such, you will wait.

For the ride I wanted Cisulli would have me waiting 3 weeks, prestige had me wait a week that has turned into 2 because of some screw up at the port that has delayed every IS for the area.

This sucks but waiting is what I found for my graphite gray.

Some shops have cars, but if you return for a few days in a row, like I did, you'll see that they have different cars. I saw 2 cars sell in an hour at prestige, not counting the one I bought.

Therefore, I think it will be a while before prices come down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sup Fellas-

I was in a prediciment yesterday, I had the most full of SH** commute coming home from NYC after work (Live in Jersey) everything went wrong... not to mention I wasnt getting my car for the weekend... so I acted in emotion and called another dealer that had my MicaIvory IS sitting in the showroom with my name written all over it. I spoke to sales rep and he said I would beable to take it home today. I didnt know what to do, I already had all the paper worked out at another dealer. The guys at the original dealer were all really nice guys who kept me informed with the latest news on the arrival of my car and everything but the bottom line is... Where the F*** is it!!! But since I Love this car I have been trying to look at everything as optomistic as possible and look at it like the best things happen to those who wait... Good Choice?

Lost_Soul -- I almost bought the one sitting in the showroom right near you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lost_Soul

I didnt get the one at Warnock, I'm still waiting to get it from the original dealer. I am paying MSRP for the whip but owell. I am geting the car from Ray Caten Lexus in Westchester. I must say those guys are really great!!! It's worth the wait for the service. If you have yet to work out yours, I can refer you to my guy, hes really good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Waiting4mine,

Thanks. I am just not quite up for paying MSRP yet. Besides Westchester is kinda far away. I will see if they are willing to deal around Sept-Oct. But thanks for offering anyway

·
Registered
38 Posts
I drove the IS for the first time yesterday but have decided that the car is very small. Any car w/ 215 hp that small will fly. The car is way to ghetto for me. The BMW AND THE C CLASS BLOW THAT CAR AWAY W/ CLASS and interior looks. Performance is great but for 35k I will take the 323 anyday. I will some up that car for everybody on this forum and in the country. That car is nothing more than a juiced up honda civic. You look like every other idiot with ghetto modifications on there cars. How are the clear tail lamps? They sell those stupid looking things @ stores in malls. Truth sucks!
Originally posted by Lost_soul:
Waiting4mine,

Thanks. I am just not quite up for paying MSRP yet. Besides Westchester is kinda far away. I will see if they are willing to deal around Sept-Oct. But thanks for offering anyway

·
Registered
814 Posts
Alan Cokoo,

If you don't mind me asking, "how old r u." You must be older than the target market for this car. Everyone who has seen my IS love it. They like the bold style. Usually the older crowd goes for the bimmer because it is more classy and understated. If you were a little younger, you would be driving an IS too
! The bimmer looks the same as it did 7 years ago, what's up with that? Well go buy a 323 and blend in with the rest of the old farts who can't afford a 740.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I an 26! I just know more than most.
Originally posted by ISisBEST:
Alan Cokoo,

If you don't mind me asking, "how old r u." You must be older than the target market for this car. Everyone who has seen my IS love it. They like the bold style. Usually the older crowd goes for the bimmer because it is more classy and understated. If you were a little younger, you would be driving an IS too
! The bimmer looks the same as it did 7 years ago, what's up with that? Well go buy a 323 and blend in with the rest of the old farts who can't afford a 740.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Stick it up your azz, Alan. Class is usually self evident and reserved, you however are boorish. Why slum with the IS lovers for so long? Hmm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts