Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my first car two years ago. A 2004 Lexus is300 that had only 47,000 miles on the clock. At the time I figured a low mileage car would be great so I could keep it for as long as possible.. especially as these modes are known to still be good at 100,000.
However, it's close to 60,000 miles now and I'm bored of it! I wish I could get another car. However economic sense dictates that I should keep driving this since it's fully paid and still has lots of life left in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a ‘96 Camry that I’ve been driving as my first car for almost four years. It’s only got 124,000 miles and I plan on keeping it as long as it’s cheaper to fix than it is to buy a newer car. Which is probably going to be until the end of time. Sure it’s slow and old, but I still have a lot of fun driving it and working on it. Plus, it’s still a very modern and comfortable car. No reason to get rid of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a ‘96 Camry that I’ve been driving as my first car for almost four years. It’s only got 124,000 miles and I plan on keeping it as long as it’s cheaper to fix than it is to buy a newer car. Which is probably going to be until the end of time. Sure it’s slow and old, but I still have a lot of fun driving it and working on it. Plus, it’s still a very modern and comfortable car. No reason to get rid of it.
Nice, I got my first car in October 2020, 1998 Lexus GS300 which I still own, I bought it myself and I plan on selling that and keeping my 2003 IS300 Sportcross I bought a month back

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I bought it, there were only 12 BO manuals for sale at dealers in the entire country. I forget how many manuals were still sitting at dealers

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
2005 BO 5-speed - Dec 26, 2004
Im curious, how do you get a 2005 in 2004? :D

Ive had this one since 2013, had an AS200 before that from 2010. This is the longest ive ever owned a car for, but im doing less miles the older im getting. At this rate soon i wont even leave the house.... oh wait that happened last year for 3 months #thankscovid :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,365 Posts
Im curious, how do you get a 2005 in 2004? :D

Ive had this one since 2013, had an AS200 before that from 2010. This is the longest ive ever owned a car for, but im doing less miles the older im getting. At this rate soon i wont even leave the house.... oh wait that happened last year for 3 months #thankscovid :ROFLMAO:
Build dates late in the year would come out as a 2005 MY car.

·
Registered
354 Posts
2006... I think she's just about breaking in now, lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've had mine since Aug 15'. I've only put on 26,000km, since it's mostly used for 6 months a yr. Unfortunately I bought it with almost 250,000km.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2002 IS300 AT bought new in July 2002 (6 months before the birth of my first kid). Just passed it down to her last year for her 17th bday. 265k miles and runs smoother than my 2016 IS350.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One month :cool:, needed a new daily driver, picked up a 01 with 141K miles. I've had a few different Lexus models over the years but never a IS300, I "hope" I don't mod it too much but already thinking of a NA-T setup :cautious:.

·
Registered
377 Posts
One month :cool:, needed a new daily driver, picked up a 01 with 141K miles. I've had a few different Lexus models over the years but never a IS300, I "hope" I don't mod it too much but already thinking of a NA-T setup :cautious:.
Nice!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice man! The IS300 is definitely still a great car stock, suspension mods would be great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts