Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my clutch changed under warranty at like 34k now I am pushing 140K, I think that my clutch is starting to go but its seems so gradual its hard to tell if it is or not. It doesnt slip in 5th doing pulls on the highway at all but it kinda seems like I have to let it out more to engage it from a stop. Is it uncommon for the clutch to go 100K or more without needing to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
How long it lasts depends on you. To tell you the truth you've done really well if you did 100K on one. Since the IS has a clutch delay valve, it tends to go a bit faster in most cases. Removing it helps. Maybe you could try that and see if it makes a difference since you'll be able to "feel" it a bit more.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Yup. I mean might as well try it since it's free and if it feels weak after that you will know that it's definitely slipping.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is I am thinking about trading the car in real soon (as soon as I get a job) I dont want to have to put a ton of money into it if I can avoid it

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
FWIW, mine is not as grabby as it could be, and I suspect that I need to bleed the line, but I'm still on my stock clutch 153k miles later.

Race season is coming up, and I have a LW flywheel and stg3 clutch on the way, so I won't be able to see how long I could make the clutch last, but I might have another 50k miles if I didn't race/auto-x it.

My CDD was removed at 60k. Unlike most people on the boards, it made ZERO difference in feel, and for those who did, I suspect that they needed to bleed the line, which you have to do when you do the mod, so I'm betting that was where the difference was felt. I bleed mine every year because my racing, so I noticed nothing. Except that I may be the only one with a stock clutch at 153k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts