Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long did it take you to want to get another car (after owning your first IS300)?

I ask because I'm coming up on 2 years now with mine and I haven't even come close to getting sick of it. Being a former BMW freak I've owned plenty and I always would get that new car itch right about now (2 year mark or so). I haven't yet with my IS.

Plus, I have a feeling that when that inevitable itch comes it will most likely be for another NEW IS. :crazy:

What about you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BugginOuT said:
Uh....i ended up my '01 lease and finance another one.....does that mean anything? 8)
Yeah it does, but most importantly, how long was your lease? 24 or 39 months?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
i got my first IS in june of 00... i got my second IS in april of 02. whats that tell u?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,765 Posts
i got my first is3 july 1st, 2000, she committed suicide a little over a year later (around july 15th) whilst on a canyon carving catastrophe.

i got my 02 in november of 01.

i hope this one doesn't get sick of me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
dela said:
BugginOuT said:
Uh....i ended up my '01 lease and finance another one.....does that mean anything? 8)
Yeah it does, but most importantly, how long was your lease? 24 or 39 months?
I picked up my 01 on July of 2000, leased it for 39 months....got out of it early because of a promotion that they were running, and financed my '03.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Financed in 9/2000 and still love it to this day. Although that Pssssshhhht sound makes me smile more than ever :wink:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,054 Posts
Got mine in August 2000....still love it..but if it is any consolation to Lexus, I WOULD buy another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,939 Posts
I'm coming up on two years and i've been slowly losing some interest in it. Overall, I still have a lot more interest in the IS than any other cars i've owned in the past.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DL said:
Financed in 9/2000 and still love it to this day. Although that Pssssshhhht sound makes me smile more than ever :wink:
To be honest, this response was EXACTLY what I was looking for...

I was wondering that if I were to do my S/C install that I have coming up in March, would it be that much of a difference for me to want to keep the car for 2 more + years... meaning, would my newly equipped F/I IS300 be like a new car to me? Thank you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
DonCorleone said:
i got my first is3 july 1st, 2000, she committed suicide a little over a year later (around july 15th) whilst on a canyon carving catastrophe.

i got my 02 in november of 01.

i hope this one doesn't get sick of me.
:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,991 Posts
- a few months :boring:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
DonCorleone said:
i got my first is3 july 1st, 2000, she committed suicide a little over a year later (around july 15th) whilst on a canyon carving catastrophe.
omg i had a good laugh to that^^
nice one ^_^

i had my is300 for almost a year now and i love it more and more each day. this girl knows how to please me :O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
not yet... 2001 SBM @ 69001mi
the car feels like.. a really good jeans. once you get in, everything's just perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
well, im shopping for new cars now... for when i finish my lease or ending it early. I like the car but I can't stand my dealer (lexus of norwood)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
1 1/2 years in, I wanted a new car... manual IS none the less.
2 1/2 years after picking up my first IS, I traded it for another one. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
after the first month of having my 2003 5spd i got kinda bored with it. no power, decent handeling, badass interior though..........

i just need to boost it, and slap on some coilovers and i'll love it 18.243 times more.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
AlBoston said:
well, im shopping for new cars now... for when i finish my lease or ending it early. I like the car but I can't stand my dealer (lexus of norwood)
Find another dealer...AL didn't you sell your '02 manual for an '03 auto?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top