Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have opinions on the IS300 stereo? I am interested to know how it compares to other cars and also if you've had previous experience with after market stereos. My current car has about $1500 worth of audio stuff (Alpine CD head and 4.1 channel amp, 4 MBQ speakers, JL 10" sub).

·
Registered
626 Posts
The IS300 has in my opinion the best stock stereo out there.

I have been in the BMW 330i, not even close. You would need to get the HK upgrade in BMW and that still would not beat the IS300 stock and that upgrade is 600.00.

Acura CL, need I say more, not even close.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Best Stock stereo I have ever heard so far.
My last car had $2,800.00 in stereo equipment and the only thing I am putting in my IS is my 3-10inch JL audio 10w6's and a punch 125.2 amp. It has "decent" low end, well, for most people it has great bass, but for me there is never enough!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Once again Clam Bake can not bring himself to say anything nice or agree on anything positive about the IS300. I don't give a crap, any way you slice it the IS300 has a top notch stock stereo and is truly one of the best!

Go shuck and oyster clam man.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i didn't say the IS's sucked. i've never heard it. i do know that the maxima has one SWEET sound system. so yeah.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What up I actually work at a sound system store and I'm goin Ape**** on my system all new ummmmmmmmmmmm everything can u post a pic of ur system particullary ur head unit thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the following standard for any car system....If I pull up along side some moron who is on their cell phone cutting in and out of traffic, and they can still carry on their conversation with my stereo turned up half-way....it's not good enough. Needless to say, I added an amplifier and a subwoofer to my IS300, and I get great joy out of the angry looks I receive as people are forced to hang up. heh heh heh.

-anndi

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
i didn't say the IS's sucked. i've never heard it. i do know that the maxima has one SWEET sound system. so yeah.
I've got the 99 Maxima 5spd with the Bose System.
Its NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!
The IS300's Stereo runs circles around the Bose.....

Smra.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just wanted to let you know, I am puting $4400 worth of Stero equipment and custom labor and still have my stock head unit. Thats how much i like it, and want to keep it, but it will be hard in the competitions because i have a stock head unit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey ISFAN,
Obviously you have never been in an LS400 (Nackamichi). That's has the best stock stereo I have heard, but still has room for improvement. I'll bet the new Levinson system is pretty sweet, but it is all relative when it comes to stereo. The stock IS system is mediocre at best and definitely has a lot of room for improvement. But once again, it depends what you are accustom to so drop the attitude dude.

·
Registered
77 Posts
IS3004ME..

What are you gonna be putting in your car?

I'm putting a Phoenix GOld ZX475ti for my highs and mids running a pair of Infinity Kappa 3 Way 6x9's..and a pair or Infinity Perfect 6.5 Components.. and I'm also gonna run a Phoenix Gold ZX600ti at 2ohms mono to a single 15 inch Eclipse Aluminum DVC subwoofer (approximately gonna pump 800 watts rms). I'm going to be doing custom work as well. I'm ALSO gonna run the STOCK head unit too. What type of Line Output Converter were u gonna use?

Lemme know what your doing

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by DanR:
Hey ISFAN,
Obviously you have never been in an LS400 (Nackamichi). That's has the best stock stereo I have heard, but still has room for improvement. I'll bet the new Levinson system is pretty sweet, but it is all relative when it comes to stereo. The stock IS system is mediocre at best and definitely has a lot of room for improvement. But once again, it depends what you are accustom to so drop the attitude dude.
It's now been couple months since I had my GS400 (w/Nakamichi) and my memory of how great the sound system was is fading. I have heard the Mark Levinson system and will say that it's arguably better. Although I noticed that more bass comes out of the panel speakers than it does the sub in the Mark Levinson....
Eric...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mark Levinson is the SH!T!

How is the Acura TL with it's Subwoofer compare to the IS?

[This message has been edited by paulwu (edited October 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by DanR:
Hey ISFAN,
Hey putz, I have no intention of comparing the IS300 to an LS400. As you can see from my post knuckle head, I compared my stereo to cars in my price range, i.e. BMW, Acura.

You get off your high horse.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey ISFAN or should I say limp dick,
Your the putz who can't quantify your own statements. To quote you "the IS300 has in my opinion the best stock stereo out there". Did you quantify the price range of the vehicles? No, so don't blame. How are we to figure out what you meant. And, then you jump all over MRCLAM for disagreeing with you. Your the knucklehead dude.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts