Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It will help with drifting. but a drift instructor drove my car and find it very tail heavy with stock LSD.

I run Tein HA with medium setting with Rear Tanabe STB and TRD sways to my car is pretty stiff in terms of Suspension and Chassis.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Being VERY tail heavy, no. It is not entirely good. Unless you cant seem to pull out the rear end with ease.

In addition, it is not due to the LSD to have a "very heavy tail" feeling. STOCK LSD isnt that heavy to give that feeling. Its your suspension setup making it feel that way.

Torsen gears will start to wear out if you continue to thrash it. It'll take a hardcore beating ill tell you that. Its not nowhere as cheap as the Nissan Viscous type LSD's. You'll have to rebuild the Torsen LSD or get a new LSD once your original Torsen LSD starts to feel the effectiveness starting to degrade.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
"Tail Heavy" meaning it will over steer easy. And yes I have to catch it with fast counter steering. For drifting if you need to learn car control Tail happy characterist I have may be a good way to learn how to catch a drift. (At a track or a drift event of course)

I may have a stiff rear setup.

Tein HA 12/12kg springs at medium damper setting
Tanabe lower chassis brace
JIC front STB
Tanabe rear STB.
TRD Yellow Sways

Perhaps remove the rear STB to get some rear traction or set the front damper at a stiff setting.

love to Power-Over!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
to get back on the subject.. I think I'm ok with the stock LSD. I dont' go drifting that much..

I know KAAZ LSD can be configured from mild to aggressive in term of keeping both wheel near the same rotational speed.

OCIS's said his 240SX made big improvement after a switch to regular diff to KAAZ LSD. Day and night difference in term of Drift-ability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.