Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to clean them off as soon as I see them, but they still leave marks! How fast do they oxydize? And my car is black so you can definitly see it. :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
Same problem here. I think it's the acids and stuff that get you. Pretty much as soon as the bomb hits you will see something in your clearcoat. It sucks.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
They oxydize in seconds.......that's why I try not to park near or under trees. I hate them bird shits. :pissed:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
u should wash the bird crap asap, when u wash it put the car wash or detergent full concentrate meaning dab ur finger in the car wash n put it in the bird crap area after wetting it to loosen some of the crap. Once u put the fully concentrated car wash n let it sit for a minute or two use a wash mitt n scrub it. After u scrub it hose the area off n dry it. THen use wax or polish in the area that u just washed n that should help out a lot. I know because where my girlfriend lives everytime I stay the night the next morning bird crap all over my car n that is y I hardly spend the night at her place.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
^Just remember to put on another coat of Wax after using the ScratchX, cause it takes off the layer of wax on there.

Reactions: chrisCARL0S

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey fyeung04msm... I noticed you are having the same problem I was. It was a pain in the ass but I bought a $50 car cover from walmart and covered it when I got there. Ya it is kind of a pain, but hey if an extra two minutes can save your paint then why not. As far as the bird sh!t... that stuff is nasty like it says above it starts to oxidize within seconds of contact.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2074060

·
Registered
178 Posts
The first thing I noticed when I brought my 02 home was the nice spots are bird shit that the previous owner must have been to lazy to clean off in a timely manner, cuz that shit is on their good, I've tried waxing. polishing, shining monkey, nothing works. Anyone tried Meguiars Scratch-X I think that is the only product I own that I haven't tried, but maybe I did, I forget since I've tried anything. Bottom line, get that ish of immediately, even if you just washed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts