Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast can an audi a4 goes?

i mean okay forgot about the stock, they are dopey, but like with ... lets say a chip, give it like the best chip in market

will they be able to stand their ground againts our car ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've only run into 1 that wipped me and in return I beat around 5-6 of them.

2.8's are slow even modded and chipped.

1.8T's can be made fast. I've run a few of these. Got them all but one. It was at the track. Were were running both of us 14.8's all day until we linned em up. Nice guy. We talked while in the line and told me his mods. I was shocked with with him only running 14.8 with all the money and mods tossed into that thing.

So we ran. Bam he was out of the box like a bat out of hell. I'm like damn. He was 3 cars on me until I closed it to 1.5 at the end of the run. Quattro and torque works well. But he told me after he really jacked up the boost in his boost contrler/timer afterwards just for our run. haha he almost ripped the insides of that motor with all that boost.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh BTW that guy ran a 14.3 I think on that run. But later on he was back at 14.8's again as I was watching. hehe I guess he turned up the boost to whoop me.

vs. the IS? If the IS can pot down 185 rwhp with mods and not of the line I think the IS can take it. Don't race it off the line. Cause if the guy knows his 1.8T with that AWD it will get ya.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took 2 new audi 1.8 t the new one and the 2001, both are owned by my friends, the 02 stock, and 01 chipped

i dunno what kind of chip, but i took both car more than 2 length from stop, and now they drove em only for the comfort

but i never really come to any fast a4, maybe one of this day, but until i got my ass owned, i assume it is safe to say a4 with chip still will run lower or equal to our car, but if ur 14.3 was correct, that was bloody fast.....

anyway ouzo, i am kinda jap fanatic when it comes to car, and i have to say there are 2 cars i really love each on their class, rx-7 and prelude, urs look really sweet imo, nice ride :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Benign said:
anyway ouzo, i am kinda jap fanatic when it comes to car, and i have to say there are 2 cars i really love each on their class, rx-7 and prelude, urs look really sweet imo, nice ride :)
aawww shucks man. I'm gonna blush. :oops: hahaha thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
14.3 is a really good time for an a4 with stock ko3 turbo...Damn I don't think I've heard of anybody going that fast with the ko3 :eek:
Nice lude BTW - You Greek Ouzo?

·
Registered
135 Posts
2002QuattrO said:
14.3 is a really good time for an a4 with stock ko3 turbo...Damn I don't think I've heard of anybody going that fast with the ko3 :eek:
Nobody said that A4 was stock. haha If I had toosed the same coin on my car I'm be in mid 13's.

Yup I'm Greek.

·
Registered
120 Posts
OUZO Power said:
2002QuattrO said:
Nobody said that A4 was stock. haha If I had toosed the same coin on my car I'm be in mid 13's.

Yup I'm Greek.
I never said stock, I said with stock turbo :wink:

I'm Greek too 8) ...Born in Montreal (all my family still lives in Westmount) moved to Texas. I have cousins that go to University of Toronto...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Benign said:
whats a greek ? :-?

greek as in greek nationality ??
Ummmm...Greece is a country in Europe on the Mediteranean...People from Greece are called Greeks. It's a nationality. Like Italian, French, whatever...

·
Registered
135 Posts
hahahaha oh man. To funny. This is a first. Whats Greek? bbwwahaha

BTW The Audi had an aftermarket turbo kit.

BTW I'm a true original from Kalamata. I moved to Toronto a few years ago.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh, well with a turbo kit 14.3 isn't great at all, probably had the slightly larger KO4 turbo...

Cool, I have family in Kolonaki (Athens), Kifisia (spelling?), and Tripoli...Love Greece, its such a beuatiful country...

·
Registered
135 Posts
2002QuattrO said:
Cool, I have family in Kolonaki (Athens)
Sweet. Kolonaki is your Beverly hills of athens. Some sweet rich honeys roming the cafes around there. I always hit Kolonaki when I'm in town.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's Not The Car It's The Driver

I have a 2003/4? (New Body) A4 1.8T M/T in my area that I encounter all the time, I eat his car on a regular basis with my car in regular auto w/ECT PWR mode or flicking Shumacher Style on the steering wheel. My brother who taught me, along with a couple of Bondurant Courses told me "It's Miles Under Your Belt" and "It's Not The Car It's The Driver", he's 51 y.o., settled down with a 1993 MBZ E500.
8)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
we just got done building a 99.5 A4 1.8t....and its running pretty good...so far its in the 13's and we hope to have it hit a high 12 soon....but only $$$ will tell on that....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: It's Not The Car It's The Driver

jayinVegas said:
I have a 2003/4? (New Body) A4 1.8T M/T in my area that I encounter all the time, I eat his car on a regular basis with my car in regular auto w/ECT PWR mode or flicking Shumacher Style on the steering wheel. My brother who taught me, along with a couple of Bondurant Courses told me "It's Miles Under Your Belt" and "It's Not The Car It's The Driver", he's 51 y.o., settled down with a 1993 MBZ E500.
8)
You're absolutely right. Miles under the belt. Come find me, and then we'll see how an IS300 fares against a competent driver. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I await the day....

I only am adding a set of Sway Bars to my Stock Toyota Built Vehicle, Sorry you invested so much $$$ in the Neuspeed Products for your Jetta...I mean Audi...But at least you can put those cool stickers all over the place.
See you on the road!
Yippee Kay Yay Mein CowPoke....

Isn't there an A4 Forum for A4 fourer's??????????????????

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: I await the day....

jayinVegas said:
I only am adding a set of Sway Bars to my Stock Toyota Built Vehicle, Sorry you invested so much $$$ in the Neuspeed Products for your Jetta...I mean Audi...But at least you can put those cool stickers all over the place.
See you on the road!
Yippee Kay Yay Mein CowPoke....

Isn't there an A4 Forum for A4 fourer's??????????????????
Actually there are four... :wink:
PS - If you only realized how great a car company VW is, you wouldn't make stupid comments like that. :shame: The B5 A4 was based on the current passat platform. But the new B6 is is pure Audi (except for the powerplant that is ;) )

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can messed with any a4 2.8, 1.8. 3.0 if their stock, no matter how good their driver, u will win if they are stock.

but dont messed with 2002quattro dood, he is a fuckin liar, he aint stock !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
7 Participants
Benign
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing