Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it a one man job or does it require two people? can it be installed without having to take out the bumper?

this body shop on serramonte blvd (the one that specializes in luxo cars) wants close to $250 for intallation only OR close to $300 for painting and installation. that is on top of the price of the lip.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
$250 for installing a lip?! That's BS.

Go to Home Depot and buy some 1" self tapping screws, or even shorter. Get some double sided tape, and do it yourself. I guarantee you its simple, and definitely not near worth as much as that shop is charging.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
wow i got mine painted and installed for 80 bucks :)

250 is a BS price do it your self or go to a diffrent shop.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
80, now thats a good deal!! The local places here in az want 125 just to paint it. I'm still looking around though, not ready to bend over yet. Maybe i'll just get a can of spray paint like my neighbor with the civic did :screwy: YA RIGHT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
In my area, the body shop that painted and installed it for $175.00 and they told me that is was one of the easiest kit they ever worked with....no fitment issues.

·
Registered
678 Posts
get it painted, then use the double sided it came with and the bolts, you will need a drill, but its simple. I helped my friend install his, it took about 30 min. We used a lift so we didnt have to get under the car.

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
ummm you use the double sided tape that comes on it.......... You remove the backing, Place it up to your bumper in the middle and press then go side to side and put it on. Then take some wood screws or something and screw it in on the side one on each side is plenty.

Do it without removing the tape backing 3-4 times so you see where it needs to go. I cant imagine ANYONE paying to have an RMM lip installed thats just a total waste of time and money

·
Registered
387 Posts
DIY..i let my shop do it for me and they put it on crrooked now i gotta take it off and do it myself..

·
Registered
518 Posts
my dad and i jsut did it last night, it was very easy..no more than an hour from beginning to end. we used some 1" self tapping screws on the inside fender well just to make sure that lip held on. Also, the tape RMM provided didn't seem to want to stick tohte boyd so we used some 3M red tape and that worked perfectly fine. Fitmet is 99% perfect..there's just this little bit that can't seem to fit flush w/ teh car..but no big deal- can't notice 5 feet away.

nick

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
^^^^^ some places sell it painted but it will only match the factory color code, unless they ask you to send in your gas door for matching.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts