Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Sunday is Import Face Off in Baton Rouge, LA

What do you guys think about this setup, from some wheels you won't see everyday

18x8 +49, except I'm putting a 25mm spacer on them and a 15mm spacer on the front...

Oh did I mention their Volk Gt-S Phantom Edition w/ project kic open ended black chrome lugs

and I'm dropped on Tein S-Techs

The car should be sitting pretty, once saturday comes I need to renew my window trim, possibly painting calipers silver, hubs black, throwing the spacers on, and "show wheels". I THINK that's all, I was hoping for my body work to be completed but my shipment hasn't arrived and won't anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dont think those wheels will look that good on an IS, also why not just BUY the proper fitment or as close as possible to it to begin with?
Yeah, I'm not sure if they'll look perfect on the car either they will fit though good, and they are a friend's set of wheels that he is trying to sell and he thinks they should be on his car because believe me they will look better on my car rather than on his TSX. Our car is a little bit more sporty...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found your buddy's TSX in 3 mouse-clicks.

They're absolutely sexy wheels that have been made hideous by narrow widths and super high offsets.

In other words, I think they're retarded looking.

Now theeese... Are amazing. Same wheel, 19x10.5+17

I mean we'll see how it turns out and I'll take pics and all in person though, the Phantom Edition finish is completely sick

I completely agree man, me and him beat ourselves up everyday because of our first wheel purchases, he paid 3200$ for those wheels and now hates them and nobody will buy them because of the fitment, I bought cr-kai's with poo-ass fitment too and now were both trying to sell our wheels and possibly do something "different" I won't leak what we plan on getting but they will be at LEAST 18x9 +25ish and 18x10 +25ish, the wheels themselves are just a pipe dream I mean I might end up just buying another set of works with good fitment

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go wider than 18x9/10 ;)
The most I'd do is 9.5/10.5. I live in new Orleans bro you should see some/most of the roads here they are GARBAGE you know the yellow French fries that you park in front of in parking lots? Our roads have bumps that big and I have to take other roads just to get aroud shit like that aha int to be aggressive but I also want to be able to get out of my driveway without rubbing you know I want the car to be daily driveable still and yet have sick fitment and be slammed

twestman honestly your cars fitment with the rpf1's is something I'm looking for it's perfect but I'm thinking a little more aggressive

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
if its temporary then yah go for it. guillermo has spaced out wheels that have zero concave or lip and they still look pretty good. of course he has stretched tire blah blah. sucks you have springs though...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if its temporary then yah go for it. guillermo has spaced out wheels that have zero concave or lip and they still look pretty good. of course he has stretched tire blah blah. sucks you have springs though...
trust me, i regret getting shocks/springs so much in the end I would've spent the same amount of money on some Stance coilovers which I will get in due time, but yeah it's temporary their some baller ass wheels that will deff get points in the show

imo, guillermo's as he calls it "ugly beat up" set of wheels looks good on his car even though their just beat up wheels the fitment is nice

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
oh i wasn't talking about the wheels themselves, they're shitty lol. but just because wheels don't have a lot of concave/lip doesn't necessarily they aren't gonna look good. as long as the fitment is there they'll look decent ....

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The most I'd do is 9.5/10.5. I live in new Orleans bro you should see some/most of the roads here they are GARBAGE you know the yellow French fries that you park in front of in parking lots? Our roads have bumps that big and I have to take other roads just to get aroud shit like that aha int to be aggressive but I also want to be able to get out of my driveway without rubbing you know I want the car to be daily driveable still and yet have sick fitment and be slammed

twestman honestly your cars fitment with the rpf1's is something I'm looking for it's perfect but I'm thinking a little more aggressive
Well thanks for the compliment! I completely understand dude. Phoenix has shitty roads, especially in Tempe, but they're like highways in heaven compared to most other cities in the US, so I can't complain.

Hence my crrrraaaazy next set of wheels... But I'll never tellll ;)

Think, <--WIDER-->

:)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thanks for the compliment! I completely understand dude. Phoenix has shitty roads, especially in Tempe, but they're like highways in heaven compared to most other cities in the US, so I can't complain.

Hence my crrrraaaazy next set of wheels... But I'll never tellll ;)

Think, <--WIDER-->

:)
oh you live in phoenix? my dad lives up their and he bought a cw is300 because he loved mine haha maybe next time I fly out there we can meet up i'd love to see your car in person. He lives in Ahwatukee and my stepmom lives out in scottsdale.
Trust me our roads are 20x times worse than there haha when they moved out there they were bragging to me about how smooth the roads are there and I got there and I was thinking no potholes, no bumps, but I don't think we'll find anywhere like that! Trust me if you brought your car down here and drove it normally it wouldn't survive unless your going 10mph in a 40 with your caution lights on ;)

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
^^lol you just stuck on getting 19's. i was going to get those but when I heard the price tag of 3k+, I quickly changed my mind...lol

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
The ones on my G35 sit flush and have a huge lip but they are 19x10.5 in the front and 19x11.5 in the back i think the fronts are a +1 and the rears are a +11. IMO the GTS doesnt look good unless its got the lip. My lips are a little bit bigger then that 350 but not by much

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.