Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sigmaautomotive.com:8080/EGS/egs.asp . Just curious how does this grounding kit compare to the teck grounding kit? I was looking in one of the car tuning magazines and in their reviews of the top 2003 car products I saw this "hyper ground system" listed and the magazine said that with this kit their was an increase in every part of the powerband and the magazine also said that the kit was the best bang for the buck. As you can see from the site I posted this kit is alittle more than the teck kit. I also looked up the "hyper ground system" by name on google.com and a lot of sites are selling this product. Just curious how does this kit compare to the teck kit?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I just installed my Teck kit and it's perfect, instructions and item quality. I believe that the Teck kit is the only one with soldered ends, which has a better connection than just crimped ends.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
AltezzaPete said:
I just installed my Teck kit and it's perfect, instructions and item quality. I believe that the Teck kit is the only one with soldered ends, which has a better connection than just crimped ends.
that's not always true...if you actually crimp with the crimping tool (the one you need a hammer for) then that might actually be better. you align the poles when you hit it really hard. i dunno how to explain this more...learned about it in tech school a while back.

either way, it'll still work...i really don't see why one would actually work that much better than the other. i bet if you use a really good meter, you'd still read the same amount of resistance...within reason anyway. as well as the deterioration factor...should be about the same anyway.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
HyperMKIV said:
AltezzaPete said:
that's not always true...if you actually crimp with the crimping tool (the one you need a hammer for) then that might actually be better. you align the poles when you hit it really hard. i dunno how to explain this more...learned about it in tech school a while back.

either way, it'll still work...i really don't see why one would actually work that much better than the other. i bet if you use a really good meter, you'd still read the same amount of resistance...within reason anyway. as well as the deterioration factor...should be about the same anyway.
I agree!!! I too learned this long ago. the meter tells the truth.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
IMO, Teck looks alot better...

these look like crap...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts