Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there.. im very very close 2 gettin a white is350.. wit a black interior.. my favorite car used to be the g35/g37.. but im looking to get the is350.. however i was looking at the interior of a g37 and is350.. and i feel as if the navigation and all the buttons on the g37 look a LOT betta than in tihe is350.. i like how their nav is higher up.. wat do you guys think.. people who actually own a IS

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I think the Nav is an insanely overpriced option and would rather get more functions from an aftermarket unit (and did so with my IS350 purchase).

That said, in every other regard, I found the IS interior superior to what Infiniti offers in the G.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
The navigation in the Lexus is on par with Honda's, and better than anything else I've seen - though I must admit I am not familiar with Nissan's nav.

I find the screen position to be very good, actually. Low enough to minimize glare, high enough that you are still aware of the road ahead while looking at the screen.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i really like the G37 Coupe... so much so that i'd rather have one over an IS350 unless you need 4drs. In which case IS350 > G Sedan. The G37 Coupe handles better, is a tiny bit faster.. but the interior isnt quite as nice as the IS350 IMO.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I liked the IS black interior better as compared to the G......I have an 08 RWD auto coming in red/black

·
Registered
37 Posts
i love my navi just fine... though i did test drive a g35S before getting my is350, and overall infiniti's navi is really nice. i wasnt feelin the button layout, but the 3d view of the map was way too hot. there was some review in a magazine recently that placed infiniti's navi system 1st and lexus 2nd... but again, i love my navi just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i really like the G37 Coupe... so much so that i'd rather have one over an IS350 unless you need 4drs. In which case IS350 > G Sedan. The G37 Coupe handles better, is a tiny bit faster.. but the interior isnt quite as nice as the IS350 IMO.
I dont think the G37 is faster then the is350. At all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Performance wise it's roughly the same. The difference in horsepower and weight isn't significant enough to really have an impact. As for the interior, the G37 is practically the same as the G35 which I checked out. I found the interior to be less attractive compared to the IS. For specifics, I liked the aluminum trim option the G35 offers but no matter how I moved the options around, I felt the G35 didn't have that "feel" that I wanted. When I sat in the IS, the whole story changed. I felt the seats were plusher and the wood trim was more sophisticated and classier. I think material wise, Infiniti has more of but the Lexus has less but more refined materials. It's also better placed and designed compared to Infiniti IMO.

But that's just me, you should head out to the dealer and go through a test drive. Also ask them to go through each area of the vehicle step by step to really get a feel for it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've driven both of these cars and each has its pros and cons. The IS has slightly nicer seats (the ventilated ones anyway) but the G37 has a better interior door design (much more interesting the slab sided IS doors). Both nav units are top notch (well beyond anything from Germany) though I like the G's Acura-like dash material over the IS' rubberish feel. The IS steering wheel looks much classier than the G's. I like the "washi" aluminum trim much better than the stupid wood that you get stuck with in the IS (unless you special order the sport package that is unavailable in my area). Surprisingly there is not much more room in the back of the IS, though you do get two more doors. Of course the G has a pretty good 6MT which is not available with the IS. I felt the G was a little stronger out on the highway, but my test of each car was limited so I can't really say for certain. Both are very nice.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts