Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay .. I set my alarm when I lock my doors .. now when will this alarm go off? Do you have to break a window .. or break into the car for the alarm to go off? Because I know if you toch the car or even try to open the doors it doesnt go off..? So how does it go off?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Aside from locking the doors and the pretty little beep that occurs via the "lock" button on your key... this security system simply isn't what I imagined at all. I think that Lexus could have made it a bit more sophisticated, IMO.

How about some shock sensors? Glass sensors? Proximity alarm?

I can't say that I feel all that secure when I "arm" my alarm and walk away from my IS. This is why I don't go into bad neighborhoods. heh heh...

Scott.

·
Useless
4,800 Posts
The factory alarm will only work if a point of entry is being accessed.(I.E. Doors, trunk, and hood) Its a basic system, but it does work. A shock sensor would have been nice, but hey it was a way to cut cost. The only cool things about the system are the way that it flashes the lights(Different from plain Jane aftermarket), and if you leave a window down and try and reach in the car to unlock the door, the alram goes off instanty without the door being opened and it also relocks the door immediately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.