Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay .. I set my alarm when I lock my doors .. now when will this alarm go off? Do you have to break a window .. or break into the car for the alarm to go off? Because I know if you toch the car or even try to open the doors it doesnt go off..? So how does it go off?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
get a sharp pointy hard object and slam it on your window...let me know if the alarm goes off...

(sorry but i don't have a real answer for you)

·
Registered
150 Posts
The doors have to be opened in order for the alarm to go off. Even if you bust the window the alarm still wont go off. That's security for ya.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Aside from locking the doors and the pretty little beep that occurs via the "lock" button on your key... this security system simply isn't what I imagined at all. I think that Lexus could have made it a bit more sophisticated, IMO.

How about some shock sensors? Glass sensors? Proximity alarm?

I can't say that I feel all that secure when I "arm" my alarm and walk away from my IS. This is why I don't go into bad neighborhoods. heh heh...

Scott.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh so I see .. well, maybe the little pretty beep will scare off the "bad people" ..lol

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
The factory alarm will only work if a point of entry is being accessed.(I.E. Doors, trunk, and hood) Its a basic system, but it does work. A shock sensor would have been nice, but hey it was a way to cut cost. The only cool things about the system are the way that it flashes the lights(Different from plain Jane aftermarket), and if you leave a window down and try and reach in the car to unlock the door, the alram goes off instanty without the door being opened and it also relocks the door immediately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts