Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody help me, and tell how can I make on my LEXUS is220d 2006, to light sensor always turn lights on? even when it is day, because in my country law is that the lights must be always on. If I put them always to on, when I leave the car, lights stay on, and car beep, and if I put them to auto, car only turn light by the night.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have an IS250, but on the IS300, you can hit the lock button twice and it will shut off the lights, even if they are in the "On" position.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i would say if you leave them in the ON position they should off after X amount of time, my is300 does and so do most cars. give it a shot and ignore that beep. but the is250 has day time running lights, that wouldn't be enough?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i don't think its a setting you can have it set...unless you are talking about the daytime running lights ...... the quick and primitive way is to cut a piece of black electrical tape and tape your sensor so it thinks it always dark.... while setting the lights to auto so it will turn its self off when you are not in it......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's all for the replay.

Yes i am speaking about daytime running lights.

but when I hit the lock button twice, nothing happened , the light stay on, and when i leave them in the ON position, and leave the car, they stay always ON (I wait about 20 minutes and they didn't turn OFF).

I think to do something like phomaniac said, but I think, if I can somehow turn sensor off, pull connector from senso, or something like that?

Thank's

·
Registered
10 Posts
The light sensor sensitivity can be changed by your dealer. The factory default setting is 3. The range is 1 to 5. This information is in the IS250 Owner's Manual Quick Guide. Hopefully, the 1 setting or the 5 setting will turn the lights on during the day.

·
Registered
382 Posts
are you talkin about your DRL or low beams? theres no switch for your DRL. they are always on during the day and automatically switch to your city lights when your low beams turn on. unless you had the dealership turn off your DRL permanently.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey guys, my names max. I was hoping you guys can help me. On my is300, my day time running lights dont come on. I checked fuses, changed bulbs and still no change. They used to come on before after starting up the car. Now they don't. Any ideas or comments would deeply be appreciated. Keep in mind, im talking about the light that consist of bulb number 9005, in other words the high beam if it was to be looked up. Another thing, the high beam is the day time running light on that car, am i wrong???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts