Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a postcard informing me that my part (Trac unit) is in. I received no call from the dealer prior to this. I was also informed via postcard when my CD changer went out. Is this standard procedure for Lexus? I would assume they would call first.

·
11,062 Posts
Dunno. The Service Manager calls me. Never saw any postcards, except for the service satisfaction survey.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by marke1:
I just got a postcard informing me that my part (Trac unit) is in. I received no call from the dealer prior to this. I was also informed via postcard when my CD changer went out. Is this standard procedure for Lexus? I would assume they would call first.
Postcard ??? Kindly weird....

Anyway my dealer call me to inform that the part is in; and call AGAIN about couple days later after the service to follow up and make sure that you're sastified, happy and pleased !!!! (You just can't beat that). So far, I'm really happy with the dealer that I bought my car from because they will be there for me. Later

P.S. I don't think I like the postcard thing !!!! Its kindly unprofessional and cheap too !!! You talking about Lexus here man !!!!

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't matter to me if they send a formal letter or a postcard, I just want them to call me first. The postcard was postmarked the 19th, which meant they had the part that day or prior. If they would have called I could have gotten service on Friday.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i think we're getting a bit picky here. just compare the level of service with any other vehicle i've ever owned. parts ordered wait around until you call or stop in for your next service. not only are lexus services reps generally super knowledgable and accomodating, but they give me a loaner and make sure my car is spotlessly clean before i get back in it. not only that, but if i'm in the neighborhood and a bird craps on my hood, i just go by and they wash the whole car for free. people are waiting months for their trac units. yes...a call is preferred, but let's not hang them for corresponding the old fashioned way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
merlin3008
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing