Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some of this nasty black glue stuff around my lower dash and wanted to remove it...I tried isopropyl alcohol and no go...help

·
Registered
936 Posts
dont use goo-gone whatever you do, fucked up my dash. a friend gave it to me to get sticker glue off, i havent talked to him since. :whine:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sometimes just regular stong adhesive tape will work good. Just apply the tape and pull. Do this a few times and eventually it might slowly strip off that black glue stuff. Also use fresh pieces from time to time so the tape adhesive has a good grip and dosen't add back what you're tring to remove. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Re: how do you remove some "nasty" glue from dash

GOTTURBO said:
I got some of this nasty black glue stuff around my lower dash and wanted to remove it...I tried isopropyl alcohol and no go...help
Just a warning to everyone making suggestions here. The dash is painted and does not have paint hardener or clearcoat on it. If you use anything like paint remover, acetone, nail polish remover, etc. you will strip the paint off the dash and destroy it. I would recommend using a hair dryer to heat it up and remove it that way. If not, go to the dealer and ask if they have anything to clean the dash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts