1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Left hand
2. Right hand
3. Both hands

I always drive with left hand with any cars, with the IS300 my right always holding on the shift-ball since there aren't an arm-rest. i think that is a nice place to rest your arm if it gets tired.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
My Audi TT doesn't have an Armrest either. I don't miss it in the city when changing gears, but on the highway it's sorely missed

Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Man, I must have been out of town when you scored that TT, Eric. Son of a gun that's a slick ride. How do you like it?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Left hand wheel and right hand on shift knob. I've owned 5spds my whole life so i'm just use to driving that way. This is the 1st auto i've ever bought...

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
It varies:

Above 100 mph and when driving spiritedly, two hands, nine and three o'clock, just above the spokes.

Normal cruising, left hand, 12 o'clock, right hand on the knob (
) or left hand 9 o'clock and elbow on the door ledge (habit from the Miata).

And due to the lack of armrest, sometimes I hold on to the hand brake instead of the shift knob...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
It varies:

Above 100 mph and when driving spiritedly, two hands, nine and three o'clock, just above the spokes.

Except at 95mph you use one hand to test the snow mode button
J/K
Eric..

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by EricK:
Except at 95mph you use one hand to test the snow mode button
J/K
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Between 95 and 100 mph, just one hand.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited November 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by IS300#1:
1. Left hand
2. Right hand
3. Both hands

I always drive with left hand with any cars, with the IS300 my right always holding on the shift-ball since there aren't an arm-rest. i think that is a nice place to rest your arm if it gets tired.
I like to have my right hand on my chrome knob...now my palms are hairy...any explanation?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
usually both hands at like 10 and 2 o clock, and if i'm just chillin' i'll have a hand on theshift knob and my left hand at 6oclock :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts