Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: well since the back seats dont come down i was just wondering how you get the amp wires through??? plz help i wanna hurry up and install my amp along w. my subs =P

·
Registered
238 Posts
search..

but anyways, from your battery, on the left side if it you should see something black with a tube going through it, this is the wires going from your engine bay to your interior.. just jab a hole through that, poke the wire through

remove your passenger kick panel and you should see the wire come down.. pull it down and just follow normal procedures.. remove the plastic above your carpet and just follow the trim..

then go along to the back seats.. pull up on your seats, it should snap out.. take that out.. from there, there should be some bolts on the bottom holding the back seats.. remove the bottom bolts.. then pull the seat towards you, and you should see about in the middle a hole.. run your wire through that, and then go to your trunk and you should see the wire right there..

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea to pass an amp power line through that grommet, the rear speaker wires go through there. Distortion is bound to occur.

I drilled a hole and isntalled my own grommet about 5" away from the stock grommet, and made sure the wires didn't cross.

·
8,827 Posts
lexluger180 said:
how do you take out the rear seats ive searched but didn't find anything,you just pull up on the seats and it pops out?
Remove bottom seat part by pulling it up.
Remove screws holding the back seat part.
Slide the back seat part up.

·
8,827 Posts
lexluger180 said:
i just pull up on the bottom seat?hard?i dont wanna break anything
Do not break anything.
There are snaps on the front of each side of the seat. Just pull up the seat as close to the snaps as you can get.

·
8,827 Posts
Just pull the seat up slowly. You'll figure it out from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
I don't think it's a good idea to pass an amp power line through that grommet, the rear speaker wires go through there. Distortion is bound to occur.

I drilled a hole and isntalled my own grommet about 5" away from the stock grommet, and made sure the wires didn't cross.
At the voltages at which speaker level signals pass this would not be an issue. The signal to noise ratio is too high for small induced currents to cause noise. With preamp RCA cables however this can always be an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.