Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get rid of the messages (song title and artist)? I had my CD player replaced (still waiting for the discs) and now all I want to see are the 4 letter station codes...not the whole damn song/artist...

The manual doesn't seem to tell and pushing the MSG button does nothing.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I think your out of luck, unless you get an aftermarket head-unit. I don't think there is a way to disable the RDS system, short of calling the radio station and telling them to stop broadcasting the signal.

The MSG button will scroll through the messages they broadcast and if you hold it down till it beeps will store it, and then you can scroll through your stored ones, but it doesn't turn it off/on. Also you can't delete old stored messages, only replace them with new ones, I believe it holds three.

For the longest time, mine said "Snoop Dog"

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
push and hold the RDS button. it will beep and disable the RDS function.

the owner's manual is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Wait a second, my radio does not show the song title and artist, I did not think it was capable of doing this.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Read the manual as kraze8 suggested and your questions will be answered. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Gray Rider said:
Read the manual as kraze8 suggested and your questions will be answered. :)
I had my IS300 for about 6 months and not once did I realize what the RDS button was for. :blush: :pissed: I feel like a fool because I remember commenting on how my friends Toyota Matrix displays the song and title info and my Lexus IS300 does not.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
IS-Pete, I partially lead you astray in my first response. I could have sworn the data comes through even though the RDS is off, but on the way home from work, it doesn't.

Kraze8 is correct and I appreciate him not laying into me for being a dumas.

Maybe when I'm at work I should concentrate on work, and not on this site, and visa-versa and I will be better off in both places. I still stand behind my MSG button function and the Snoop Dog comment.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Squareback said:
IS-Pete, I partially lead you astray in my first response. I could have sworn the data comes through even though the RDS is off, but on the way home from work, it doesn't.

Kraze8 is correct and I appreciate him not laying into me for being a dumas.

Maybe when I'm at work I should concentrate on work, and not on this site, and visa-versa and I will be better off in both places. I still stand behind my MSG button function and the Snoop Dog comment.

s'all good bro! :approve: we're here to help each other out!

I agree with your comment about visiting this site during work hours. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts