Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you cancel traction control cuz i cant get my is300 to over steer at all and i think it becuz of traction control thxs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will doing this cause my car 2 over steer. i been practice drifting and i understeer to much and i need it 2 over steer. i use the feint tech. cuz my e-brake is shot and i have e-shifter so if u go in tips to get sideways with a stock is300 plz tell me. or if its even possible

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that will prob do some damage:) its just so hard 2 drift in a stock E-Shift Is300. I really need help cuz im going to a parking lot 2 night and drift. I tried drifting in a intersection and just under under under steer and it pissed me off. now i realize that it was cuz i of traction control. and my e-brake is shyt.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Turning the TRAC control off alone won't make a car oversteer. The IS300, as most cars, is setup intrinsically to understeer. You would need to counter-act that with stiffer shocks, sway bars, and other suspension mods. LSD will help, if you don't have it.

If you want to go the cheap route, put skinny bald tires out back and put the air pressure low and the air pressure high in the front tires, and some bricks in your trunk.

Check out this link, for more ideas: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=58

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
DriftinDragN said:
that will prob do some damage:) its just so hard 2 drift in a stock E-Shift Is300. I really need help cuz im going to a parking lot 2 night and drift. I tried drifting in a intersection and just under under under steer and it pissed me off. now i realize that it was cuz i of traction control. and my e-brake is shyt.
Please don't drift in an intersection. Especially since you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BRICKS IN MY TRUNK!?!!?! do u want perfect 50/50 well i dont want 2 tune my car or put money into my car cuz i dont plan 2 keep it for 2 long im going 2 give it 2 my sister cuz she really wants it. but in the mean while i just want 2 get side ways with out spending any money.

and it was at night i wouldnt have hurt any 1 and i can drift just not in this heavy ass car:)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
DriftinDragN said:
BRICKS IN MY TRUNK!?!!?! do u want perfect 50/50 well i dont want 2 tune my car or put money into my car cuz i dont plan 2 keep it for 2 long im going 2 give it 2 my sister cuz she really wants it. but in the mean while i just want 2 get side ways with out spending any money.

and it was at night i wouldnt have hurt any 1 and i can drift just not in this heavy ass car:)
IS300's can rotate just fine...

If you want help, try these cheap options:

1) Inflate your rear tires more than your front
2) Disconnect your front sway bar

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Squareback says 2 inflate my front and deflate my back but webmaster says 2 inflate my rear and deflate my front. Im pretty sure its wat webmasters said that will help me drift but can any 1 throw in a 2nd thought

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i went and it worked is started 2 over steer :) im happy. the only problem was it was in the rain. so i dont know how dry land is effected. it felt good to get the is300 sliding. i spun out a few time. the gas was 2 sensetive found me spining out. i put traction contol on and i started 2 bouce sideways and understeer. it was not good for my tires. thx for ur help if feel blessed with the IS300.

·
Registered
140 Posts
unless you have taken advanced driving lessons and you are on a closed course, please do yourself a favor and leave trac on. this isn't fast and the furious, it's real life and you could die.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
webmaster said:
IS300's can rotate just fine...

If you want help, try these cheap options:

1) Inflate your rear tires more than your front
2) Disconnect your front sway bar
Second that. I can make my car oversteer without any problems, at times too much and without the use of the e-brake.
I have the other problem, trying to decrease the oversteer. Drifting is fun,do it it all the time, but it is not the fastest way around a track.

And please, if you are trying these things out, do not do it in public streets.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Threads like this one make me glad i sold my IS.
I hope you have the sense enough to attempt this at the track, rather than the street.

·
Registered
745 Posts
azzurro said:
Please don't drift in an intersection. Especially since you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks.
I second that! And don't bother using the ebrake with a RWD (unless its in neutral).

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Words instead of numbers make it hard to read. And proper english is beneficial too. Maybe you should "slide" into some english classes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts