Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure none of you run your cars through an automatic car wash seeing as how they're expensive cars....so how do you all get around to washing your cars?

I've seen do-it-yourself places, but I've heard that all types of debris and sand gets caught up in the scrub brush. My next best guess would be something like a touchless wash, which I believe is semi-high pressure.

Now, I've also heard that high pressure sprays push the dirt/debris/sand into the paint, POSSIBLY causing scratches as well. Are we doomed to dirty cars in the winter, or is there a safe alternative.

Linda Richman says, "I just gave you a tawpic. Discuss!" :wink:

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
If the weather is really shitty I take it to an auto-wash. I only go to on especific place because my dad has always taken his lexuses there and never had any problems and I haven't had any, so far. If it's ok out I'll do it myself. I can stand to bare the cold for a little while to protect my investment :wink: .

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone...I was kinda thinking the same thing with the gloves and all. I can stand the cold to keep a nice car clean 8)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sometimes I use the lower pressure touchless washes when it's really cold. I don't like to use them, but there comes a point where the dirt on your car is doing more damage than the wash will do.

One word or caution - I scratched a rim in one. There was these 2 bars you have to drive between that's just big enough for my 8" rim. Make sure you get on the inside, so if you scrape, you scrape the inside.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All Cloth car wash...unless I brave it and do it myself.

Just fill the bucket up with warm water from the sink...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I usually wash it myslef..... and just dress very warmly, but in some days that its really unbarable theres a car wash about 5 min from my house, Hand Wash. They hand wash the car 2 times , and then dry it..... It very intresting. and only costs $8.89. Thats not bad.... but they do a great job. The only thing that bothers me is they dont reallt clean the wheels that well, but i do that when i get home. Any Brooklyn NY Pple. Its on East 16th and Ave Y. Try it.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I don't see what the big problem is, it's 75 outside, why would it be so hard to wash your car? :wink:

oh yea you live in ass cold areas...sux for you! :D

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Yep, absolutely! Usually, I just drive the car to the dealer and have them wash my car for free :D

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FYI, in central CT, it's about 18 degrees right now, and there's SNOW coming tomorrow. Yeah thanks. Thanks a fucking lot, Mother Nature. You're still a wh0re :crazy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts