Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
First thing you better turn off the traction control system which won't allow wheelspin! You can power brake - Hold down the brake pedal with left foot. Slowly press down on the accelerator. The brakes will hold it in place. Once you feel that its loaded up pretty good, release the brake pedal while mashing down the rest of the way on accelerator pedal. Keep her pointed straight by being prepared to make slight steering corrections. Don't do this in front of the local law enforcement officials - it's called an unsafe start

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjdart- i took ur power braking advise but i still cant peel out. r their anymore details that i hafta follow in order to do so or is there another wai to???

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
TRAC OFF!!
yes.. press the "TRAC OFF" button.. you have to rev up pretty high before letting your break go(by the way.. plant your foot FIRMLY down on that break pedal).. if you want to really peel out.. you have to almost floor it before letting go.. up to 4000 to 5000 RPM range.. do not do it when road is not dry or there are some pebbles or sand on the ground.. RW drive cars spin out too easily..

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is the way I do it: hold down the brake pedal about 1/3 way, and then press the accelerator until the rear wheels starts to spin. That's it. You can do it as long as you want if you use this method. Letting go of brakes after revving doesn't work that well. Oh, remember to put the car in the 1st gear, so it doesn't upshift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i press the accelerator without presing the brake down all the wai..i still move. mah tires dont spin...maybe i need to wear down mah tires more..i dunno...maybe go on slicker surfaces..???o wellz

·
Registered
345 Posts
I even found a video of a white IS peeling out and turning it into s smoking donut. Can't remember the link address but I've got the file here at work 2.9MB in size.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: mjdart ]

·
Registered
33 Posts
i had the same problem when i first tried the power brake method..i couldnt get it to work cause i was too scared..what you got to do is step on the brake kinda hard and then floor the gas pedal for just a little more then a second and then let go!! one of the things i like to do to impress my friends is peel out while staying in one place with this method by letting off the brake just a little bit instead of all the way to peel out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
is430
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing