Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i use my eshift....i know thats a stupid question but ive tried it and my car feels weird.... all of my life( which isnt to long...im only 21 years old) ive been driving an automatic car... ive been around people who have driven stick and i know the basics....for example when i was at the light meaning that i wasnt in motion, am i suppose to be on 2nd?? cuz when u shift to manual mode, its on 5th...when i took off on 2nd, my car pushes hellla faster then the auto mode....as i pick up speed and i suppose to gear up to 3 and so forth??? i dont wanna mess up my tranny or n e thing sOoo am i doing this right?? please let me know....sorry if this is a stupid question..

·
Registered
441 Posts
When you are at a stop and in e-shift mode, the indicator will say 2 on the display, but you are actually starting off in 1st gear. The car will autmatically shift from first to second for you. It will hold in second gear until you manually shift to 3rd..4th..and so on.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yeah once u get the hang of it which is not hard.....it is a lot of fun to dirve...no stick but still fun for auto

·
Registered
558 Posts
eshift question

ok another dumb question...how u use the eshift while u are on the highway to go faster faster?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Re: eshift question

just play around with e-shift...its fun and wont let u do anything harmful to the engine...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
e-shift is really easy.

you change gears depending how hard you are hitting the pedal and how fast you want to go.

for regular driving, i normally change gears when the rpm hits 3k.

i downshift to save my brakes and let the car go slower.

stuff like that, its really easy.

i would help you more, but i didnt drive my car for 2 months now and i forgot a lot about the car like different shift points, different mph you change gear depending on how hard you hit the pedal..

sorry but its really easy, i got it in a day of driving (everything).

·
Registered
647 Posts
krs said:
how does it feel to downshift??? when i downshift the car feelz like is pushes back to me...
Yup, that's what it feels like. If you downshift and lay off the gas, you'll slow down because of engine braking.

Basically: If you're trying to accelerate be in a low gear (you'll accel faster). If you're just cruising at one speed (and don't think you'll need to accel in the immediate future :wink:) be in a high gear (you'll get better gas mileage).

Hope this all helped...

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
krs said:
how does it feel to downshift??? when i downshift the car feelz like is pushes back to me...
You should try blipping the gas pedal at the same time as you e-down-shift for a smoother transition. Same as if your were down-shifting on a stick when you rev-match.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If you maintain constant throttle and downshift at a speed that's consistent with the gear you are shifting to, then let off the throttle, the eshift can be pretty smooth.

·
Registered
558 Posts
aight thx guys for the info....ok so now i been reaidn about the pwr button on the is300 ppl peave it on and some ppl leave it off...i tried it the other day with PWR ON and i dunt feel any diff....think its just me? does it save gas? what is it suppose to do? should i leave it on?

·
Registered
904 Posts
There was another thread regarding the pwr button recently
Do a search to find it, i think it was in the general discussion or go fast
But there have also been numerous threads about the same topic in the past
Al your questions should be answered already in these threads

Good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts