Lexus IS Forum banner

How do i remove e-brake knob?

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  01 SolarYellow 
#1 ·
So i picked up a knob for my e-brake but i have no idea how to remove it. Tried searching for it, found two threads on it but nothing indicating or showing how to remove the stock one.

Part:

So far i have removed the middle console and leather boot, just don't know how to remove the knob. I have tried pulling and spinning it but i feel it's going to break something inside.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#7 ·
I was thinking about buying one of those too, post pix
is that the drift style that doesn't lock unless you pull it out? my old roommate had one on his 240, it was pretty cool. only thing i didnt like was it looked out of place, even in that car. i'm OCD about little details like that, and it would bug me personally LOL Post up some pics tho!
Yes it is

Here you guys go

;)

i'm going to trim/shave the edges on the button just so it goes in a bit better and looks cleaner. But it works good, not bad at all.

#6 ·
is that the drift style that doesn't lock unless you pull it out? my old roommate had one on his 240, it was pretty cool. only thing i didnt like was it looked out of place, even in that car. i'm OCD about little details like that, and it would bug me personally LOL Post up some pics tho!

#8 ·
So i picked up a knob for my e-brake but i have no idea how to remove it. Tried searching for it, found two threads on it but nothing indicating or showing how to remove the stock one.

Part:

So far i have removed the middle console and leather boot, just don't know how to remove the knob. I have tried pulling and spinning it but i feel it's going to break something inside.

Thanks in advance.
Take some channel locks and twist it left and it will come off without breaking anything. The annoying part I'm stuck on with the exact same type of cap you have is how to install it as the screw to put it into only reaches to where the brake ends and so its left me with no room to screw it on. I'm gonna be pissed if I have to put that ugly chrome cap back on my new black ebrake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.