Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS300 memebers,
I need your help. I was wondering how do I qualify for that upgrade ? My car kicks alot in first and sometimes in third. I thought it was just my driving but now that I have read post about ECU upgrades fixing that how do I qualify for get a upgrade. I bought my IS in Jan. 2001. So what do I need to do ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
11,061 Posts
It all depends if you have an early VIN number or not. You can search this topic. The actual VIN number ranges have been posted.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I got this from www.clublexus.com when Mo from SRT put it up for us.

"Here is the information everyone has been waiting for.
If your dealership does not know (or pretends not to know), about the update tell them to look up the following Technical Service Information Bulletin:
TSIB EG003-01

It has been officially released and available now. The update is a two part update depending on your problems, one is an engine ECU update program and the second is replacement of the TRAC ecu.

Also remember to be patient on the dealers because it just got released and many dealerships may not be prepared and may not be able to get the TRAC ecu on time if corporate gets into a back order state."

VIN's:

"The ECU reprogram update affects all IS300s whose VIN number is LOWER/BEFORE 10025186

The TRAC ECU replacement affects all IS300s whose VIN number is LOWER/BEFORE 10029014

These is no specific Manufacture date but VIN number verification."

I think got the TRAC problem, and my tranny has a delay in shifting from 2nd to 3rd, so I'm not sure what I should do.

·
Registered
491 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-01-03 20:30, SimplyBS wrote:
Now I have question for everyone. I was out running my car trying out the old G-tech meter and after putting down some pretty impressive numbers my car started hesistating after it shifted into third. After that I took off from the a stop light and the car hesistated and then violently shifted into third. This sounds like the ECU problem but my VIN number is outside the allowable numbers. What to do????? By the way the G-tech meter spit out 0-60 in 6.71 and 1/4 mile at 14.99.
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>I take it that you have an automatic right? If the hesitation keeps up you should take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep is it an automatic. I was just mainly wondering if anyone else outside the listed VIN number is have a similar problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts