Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...yesterday Ive been hearing weird sqeaks here and there. My clutch is making this weird sqeaking noise and when I shake the steering wheel, it makes this little noise as if something is loose. How do I take off the face of the wheel...the whole part where the horn is used. Thanks

Is it those 2 screws on the under side or can I jus pull jus simply pull it off. It kinda makes sense to jus pull it off since the damn air bag is in there. How the hell is the air bag suppose to deploy if it's screwd in. I tried pulling a couple places but it looks like Im gonna break something lol. HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
There are 2 screws on the sides of the horn. Remove the caps on the sides and you'll see the screws.

Does the clutch squeek when you press on the clutch pedal? If that's when you hear the squeek, put the front on jack stands and have someone play with the clutch pedal while your under the car. Listen to where the sound is coming from. I believe its a spring that's squeeking. You just need to grease it up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i took it to lexus today...the guy said something about the bushings...im not quite sure what hes talkin bout but he's ordering some part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts