Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be getting a Motorized Nav Unit.

I want to add aftermarket, either Audiovox, Alpine, Kenwood whatever one I decide to go with.

How hard is it to wire the stock nav screen to an after market ?
Does the stock screen offer any type of inputs ? If so what type ?

·
8,849 Posts
Do you have a Navigation system already? Because if you follow instructions posted here, all you get that is factory-based is the motorized enclosure. The rest, inlcuding screen, is aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vlad_a said:
Do you have a Navigation system already? Because if you follow instructions posted here, all you get that is factory-based is the motorized enclosure. The rest, inlcuding screen, is aftermarket.
I'll be getting the motorized unit with the FACTORY STOCK screen :)

·
8,849 Posts
By looking at the diagram, it will not be easy to make the factory screen work. It has RGB input, plus digital bus from Nav ECU.

IMO, it is not worth the time to screw around with it. Buying an aftermarket screen will be more productive.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vlad_a said:
By looking at the diagram, it will not be easy to make the factory screen work. It has RGB input, plus digital bus from Nav ECU.

IMO, it is not worth the time to screw around with it. Buying an aftermarket screen will be more productive.
Don't most Nav systems offer RGB connection ?

What would the digital bus from the NAV ECU control ? It won't be running off the stock nav ECU.

Wouldn't I just need some type of power source and Video input ?
Would the Digital bus from NAV ECU necessary to get it running ?

·
8,849 Posts
The data part may just be for the IR remote control.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I were to get the entire kit including the controls on the bottom. Would I just need to swap out the HD ?

I'm assuming that the IS300 Nav isn't indash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts