Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously looking into getting one possibly an '02 or '03 for under 40k miles. Now I'm approved through Capital One for $20,300 and I have a 99 Camaro SS that I'm looking to trade in and I'm upside down on that $2,800, I'm going to bring 2k cash...so that leaves $800 to roll into but obviously not enough to cover the price of the car w/ sales tax, I'm 21 years old and have limited credit...where do you guys suggest I go through to get financed for more money?

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
rob a bank... lol jk... you can get an 02 is for about 20,000... and if your upside is 2,800 for the camaro thats enough down to get it going.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a black '02 with 25k miles on it...sales price is 21,900 at a BMW dealership. The sales tax is $1250 and I would bring 2k down so it leaves $800 to be rolled into, so the total MSRP is somewhere around 22k...Like I said I'm only approved for $20,300.

I applied at WFS Express, apparently they do 100% Financing does anyone know about them?

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
the point should be. No one knows your financial status... but if you can afford it... thats sounds like a good deal. Even a bit low at a dealership price with such a low mileage. Your approved for 20,300 but the upside on your car is over 2,000 you said... so a deal could be worked out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, I should've clarified I'm upside down 2800...meaning negatively, my car is appraising for 6k and I owe $8,800. So my 2k doesn't even cover my trade-in

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I_want_anIS300 said:
I'm sorry, I should've clarified I'm upside down 2800...meaning negatively, my car is appraising for 6k and I owe $8,800. So my 2k doesn't even cover my trade-in
They can play with numbers, I am told. Raise the price that they're giving you for your car, and raise the price of the one they're selling you.
I'm about to buy an 02 MANUAL! with a little over 8,000 miles for $20k even.
I have an 01 that I owe high $14k's on, and it's worth about that much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!

HondaSchmonda said:
They can play with numbers, I am told. Raise the price that they're giving you for your car, and raise the price of the one they're selling you.
I'm about to buy an 02 MANUAL! with a little over 8,000 miles for $20k even.
I have an 01 that I owe high $14k's on, and it's worth about that much.
I don't want to jinx it b/c I'm not sure if the guy still has the car but I found a bad ass silver '01 w/ only 28k miles on it...chrome rims, tinted windows, cold air intake and new tires for only $17k

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I_want_anIS300 said:
I don't want to jinx it b/c I'm not sure if the guy still has the car but I found a bad ass silver '01 w/ only 28k miles on it...chrome rims, tinted windows, cold air intake and new tires for only $17k
I paid 17k for my 01 and it had 50 something thousand miles on it.
28 miles is broken in for a lexus. I think it's a good deal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got lucky. . . . my sisters EX works for the Lexus dealership and he called me when my baby(02) came in. I got her for 24k Certified and everything. I put 11k down on mine :rolleyes: OUCH!!! If you stayed here I am sure I could get him hook you up unless you are planning on making a road trip to Houston. They have to have them in stock though

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i got mine brand new, 48 miles on it for 29 flat. was 19 at the time and got the lease through SunTrust Bank when i was in orlando. Put 7K down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well its always best at a credit union, but remember this your (IS300) will have more value than that camero will ever will be. I traded my 02 camero for my 01 IS and never looked back !!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I got financed through Toyota Motor Corp.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If your not too much in a rush try selling your Camaro yourself. You should be able to get about $1000 to $1500 over a tade-in value pretty easily.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Josh300 said:
Why dont you try Eloan? I have heard good things about them...never tried it though...has any one?
I did it through eloan, it was pretty smooth and no commitment at all. If you decided not to use the loan, you can simply just shred the check they sent you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts