Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get an alignment it seems every two weeks. My steering wheel always ends up at the 10,11 oclock position. What can cause this?? Would bad struts have anything to do w/ it? This time I was careful about bumps, etc...I don't know it does this!!!

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I don't know about the alignment, other than worn suspension or steering parts.

There was a service bulletin on lining up the steering wheel.

You can find that at

www.alldata.com

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm betting it's your struts. Since you have been riding on the lowering springs and not replaced the struts. The stock struts will wear down faster.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so...I plan on getting the front ones soon anyway.

Anothe question.....There is a weird tamborine sound coming from the rear passenger wheel. Its weird...just when driving.

If you hit the wheel you can hear it, but I can't pin-point it. Possibly the brake thingy??

Hmm

Cars suck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mattssi said:
I have to get an alignment it seems every two weeks. My steering wheel always ends up at the 10,11 oclock position. What can cause this?? Would bad struts have anything to do w/ it? This time I was careful about bumps, etc...I don't know it does this!!!

Any ideas?
Who did your alignment, i think the person that did it left something loose or did something wrong. Struts has nothing to do with your alignment, they are there to absorb different road conditions. Your springs is what levels your car, if one side is sagging more than the other then that would be your result. I would take it to a diffrent shop and give it a shot.

about your rear end noise, take off the wheel, maybe your rear struts is blown, thats what happen to mine. See if theres any hydraulic fluid leaking down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You more than likely have more than one problem. Trust me, I've been through this. I spent enough on alignments to buy another car. To make a long story short, here is what they found.

A large impact drove the left front control arm back and bent the lower control arm, steering arm, and pushed in the frame rail. Somehow the rim did not get bent so needless to say this is not where we started looking. I would get my alignment done and two weeks later after hitting any minor pothole my steering wheel would off center and the car pulled to the right. My car is not lowered so this doesn't come into the picture.

The parts and installation were relatively cheap but it isn't perfect. Car is going back on lease this week so I have done my duty repairing it. Replaced it with two cars, a BMW MZ3 Roadster and a FX35.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts