Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you tell if your IS came with LSD or not? I drove away in an IS that supposedly had LSD but I got a call from the dealer and told me they gave me the wrong car w/o LSD. I am going to pick up a new one in a few days so if anyone is interested in buying a perfectly good IS with about 700 miles on it, I might know where you can get one.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It says on the factory sticker... Do you still have it?

There is probably a code under the hood or on the door that tells them if it has it or not.
There is probably a code stamped into the differential casing as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the sticker, but I just wanted to know if there was a way I could tell by looking inside the car just in case the sticker is wrong or they try to give me one without LSD.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Take your garden hose. Wet your grass (be sure its not where you will see it from road)
for cosmetic purposes.

Turn of your "Trac Control" have someone watch the rear tires while you give the car some trottle. If one wheel spins you probably "don't" have LSD. If both spin you "do" have LSD.... Make any sense??

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wrong car???? Now that doesn't tickle your butt too much.....But wait!!! A new car in a few days????? Wow!! Feeling itchy again???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ticklebutt (I laughed as I typed that!),

I picked mine up Saturday and the only way I knew was that it said so on the sticker.

Where did you get your car? Seeing as we are from the same area, I'd love to know the dealer.

------------------
'01 SBM IS300

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by devil13:

Where did you get your car? Seeing as we are from the same area, I'd love to know the dealer.
I actually got mine in St. Louis because I go to school here and pretty much live here all year round. I used to go to Boston University before I transferred because I got a kick ass job down here...I miss Boston and my friends a lot though. And by the way...I love this car!!!!! I'd love it even more if I could turn the fog lights on all day without turning on the HIDs, anybody know how????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Test for LSD:

1. Jack up both rear wheels - support with jackstands.
2. Trans in park, parking brake off
3. turn one rear wheel forward
4. if the opposite wheel turns forward, you have LSD. conversely, if it turns backward, you have an open differential (non LSD)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts