Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
it doesn't look that bad to me..... did it drive alright when you took it out?

take some brake cleaner and a shop towel to it and see if you can't clean it up a bit then take a picture

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
doesnt look that bad after you cleaned it. any reason you want to keep the stock fly? eventually the spings will wear out and you will get some clutch chatter. the findanza flywheel i have actually drives very well. i think lexus should have put in something similar from the factory. theres also the NA supra fly (needs a longer slave cylinder rod).

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
i already have an unsprung disk so i need a dual mass flywheel (oem clutch) isnt the na supra flywheels a one piece flywheel?
yeah. i was giving another option instead of the fidanza. make sure you get rid of the CDD when you replace the clutch too. makes a difference in feel

·
Registered
608 Posts
i was told these flywheels cant be resurfaced. true or false?
They are not supposed to be. But when I bought mine the previous owner said he had it resurfaced and the clutch seemed good no chatter.

I am also using a Fidanza and I like it a lot. I get a lot of chatter but I am also using a very stiff RPS Max pressure plate with a 6 puck disk on my w58. I got my Fidanza on ebay from ultrarevcom, he has them listed for $340 but I offered him $250 and he accepted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.