Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my buddies recently hit a parked car on the street at night and left the scene. He went back home and the next morning somehow the cops knew it was him and knocked on his door. He is scheduled to show up in court this week sometime.

Should he contest it? Just plead guilty? What are the fines/punishments for something like this? Nobody was hurt or anything.

-- also, this is my buddy that it happened to. Its not me and just saying its my buddy.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i did a hit and run when i still had my IS,too bad it was day time and he was outside and i got caught but he let me go :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
dude thats a really stupid idea to leave a seen of a accident...i would plead guilty if i were u friend and pay for the damages for the guys car or he will be charged with a criminal offense

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
lexluger180 said:
i did a hit and run when i still had my IS,too bad it was day time and he was outside and i got caught but he let me go :D
What an asshole. You're lucky it wasn't me who caught you. :-?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
a friend of mine hit one of those wooden light poles with his beemer and kept going b/c he didn't know what to do. cops found him after he hit another pole a few mins later :lol: :lol:. he got handcuffed and fined

·
Registered
666 Posts
scottschoe said:
a friend of mine hit one of those wooden light poles with his beemer and kept going b/c he didn't know what to do. cops found him after he hit another pole a few mins later :lol: :lol:. he got handcuffed and fined

how many deep was he :lol: ?

·
8,880 Posts
Tell your buddy to contact the owner of the car he hit and resolve all of the financial matters related.
Not sure, but that may get him not to press charges.
Anyway, a judge would show more liniency if the damages are paid for.

·
Registered
666 Posts
vlad_a said:
Tell your buddy to contact the owner of the car he hit and resolve all of the financial matters related.
Not sure, but that may get him not to press charges.
Anyway, a judge would show more liniency if the damages are paid for.

vlad has a great point. Tell your friend he needs to pay the damages to the other car as soon as possible. This would prevent things from getting prgressively worse...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Damn you hit-and-run people. Somebody hit me in a parking lot and left a bogus note just this past week. I was *so* angry.

For those of you trying to get away w/hit-and-run... :shame: You would think that car enthusiasts would understand how painful it is to walk back to your car to find it damaged.

Sorry for the rant, but this just really annoys the hell outta me.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hit and run is for absolute morons. Only reason people run is probably because they're under the influence. Other than that, its what you have insurance for.

·
3,221 Posts
premiumg said:
one of my buddies recently hit a parked car on the street at night and left the scene. He went back home and the next morning somehow the cops knew it was him and knocked on his door. He is scheduled to show up in court this week sometime.

Should he contest it? Just plead guilty? What are the fines/punishments for something like this? Nobody was hurt or anything.

-- also, this is my buddy that it happened to. Its not me and just saying its my buddy.
That's a fucked up move your friend pulled. He should've owned up to it and left a note. I was in a nasty hit and run accident and some decided to back into my bumper and bounce with no note. So I know how that feels to go through that both scenarios.

I'm glad the cops showed up. It's called someone probably saw him do it and reported it to the cops.

That's just bad karma too.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hit and runs are bullshit. my car got rearended getting off the interstate a few weeks back so i pulled over the and the guy behind me just kept going so i ran around the car to see if he really hit me and sure enough he did 750$ damage worth so i jumped back in my car and went to chase him down but i lost him at a light. called the police filed the report and about a week ago i called and they told me they contacted the driver and he had a clean record and he told them he didnt know he hit me so there was nothing they could do. :pissed: . they told me to contact him myself.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hit and run is *completely* lame. Although that's the reason I'm here (my SVT Contour was absolutely destroyed by a hit and runner while parked on the street) and that in general is a good thing (my owning an IS), it caused such hassle and put me into debt. That's friggin weak on the runner's part. If you have a car, get insurance- that's what it's for. If you don't, get a bicycle or learn the bus schedule.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I think it depends on the value and situation related to the accident.

If it was a love tap backing out, oh well, stuff happens.

But, out of control reckless driving slamming into a car with big time damage..expect minimum probation on that probably..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts